Guelph Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevingemmell

On a couple of occasions I have heard EMS being dispatched to a MVC in Guelph and then waited to hear the Fire dispatch to the same MVC but didn't hear anything. But I have heard fire dispatches before on my scanner. Could it be on a different channel I don't have programmed.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Guelph usually uses Call Alerting to page out the stations. Make sure you've got I-Calls turned on.

I'm not sure where Guelph FS dispatches from but if it's in Station 1, they may have an internal link.

Brantford FS was like that for years. You could hear all the Stations being dispatched except Station 1. Dispatch was located in Station 1 so they just opened up the internal paging system and sent out the call. The only notice you would get is when the apparatus cleared the traffic lights down the road.

kevingemmell

Hey Mike. I looked in the scanner menu but didn't see I-Calls listed could it be under something else. I am using a PSR 500 if that helps. Guelph does dispatch for HQ/Station #1.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
To turn on i-calls on the psr-500

From the manual.

TGRP objects are also used to receive Private/Individual Calls on
trunking systems that support these call types. Simply change the
Type: field from Group to Private. A Wildcard TGRP object with the
Type: field set to Private will monitor all Private/Individual Calls
seen on the system, or you can specify a radio ID to watch for in the
ID: field.

Wildcard Private Call: will monitor all private call radio traffic
on the desired trunked radio system (press Dflt in the TGID
field to get Wildcard, and set the Private field to YES)

Hey Mike. I looked in the scanner menu but didn't see I-Calls listed could it be under something else. I am using a PSR 500 if that helps. Guelph does dispatch for HQ/Station #1.

kevingemmell

Ok I changed Wildcard to Private for my Fleetnet TGRP but can't pick anything up and when I press MAN or PGM I get an Heap Error 21A01F : 21A7

kevingemmell

I went into my Fleetnet file in WIN 500 and changed GFS to private from group and then uploaded it to the scanner. I think ever thing is working fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.