Guelph Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevingemmell

Does anyone know if the Guelph police are encryted. I can pick up court officers but not road officers.

HammerDude

When you figure it out let me know ok :)

Still have OPP,MOH,MTO and WLR to listen to can't complain too much eh.

Yeah, I lived in Guelph for 24 years. I'm looking at an older circuit schematic to decrypt the signal electronically. Circuit is real simple but to get the integrated circuit may be a challenge. w'll see.

Jammin_Jay

decrypting a p25 digital encrypted rf. Good Luck !!!. Its nothing like an analog signal. And you need an encryption key. Kingston also runs p25 encrypted, and i have no idea how to decypher a start.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm looking at an older circuit schematic to decrypt the signal electronically.

Don't waste your time or money.

Decrypting the signal is going to take a whole lot of cash and a bunch of computers working around the clock.

If it was as simple as just building a circuit, Guelph PS and all the other agencies that run encryption wouldn't have wasted the money.

MetalCarnage

Yeah, I lived in Guelph for 24 years. I'm looking at an older circuit schematic to decrypt the signal electronically. Circuit is real simple but to get the integrated circuit may be a challenge. w'll see.

Oh my how much time you shall waste with no result, the feasibility in the sense of time and money for your quest would be rated as "impossible".........i think you would have a better chance finding someone on the inside to provide you with a "lost" radio programmed and ready to go for the system, lol

gary123

guelph is using P25 des-ofp encryption. the only way to decrypt them is to have the correct key. A "lost" radio wont work as the second you turn it on it will be killed electronically.

encryption is pretty much a end to monitoring them

SuperTex

guelph is using P25 des-ofp encryption. the only way to decrypt them is to have the correct key. A "lost" radio wont work as the second you turn it on it will be killed electronically.

encryption is pretty much a end to monitoring them

At our agency "lost" radios are locked out as soon as it is found to be "lost". So you wouldn't get the chance to turn it on. And at $5500 each they don't go "missing" too often. There is a reason municipalities pay big bucks for digital and encrypted technologies.

gary123

At our agency "lost" radios are locked out as soon as it is found to be "lost". So you wouldn't get the chance to turn it on. And at $5500 each they don't go "missing" too often. There is a reason municipalities pay big bucks for digital and encrypted technologies.

same here , we also routinly rotate the encryption key to make life interesting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.