Guess I'm Looking For A 1/4 Wave Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I guess then from the suggestions, I'm looking for a 1/4 wave antenna for the 150-170 mhz bands..I'd like to get one of the better name brands.. Trying to steer clear of fleabay.. the only other one I've looked at is on scannermaster.com
anyone have any good suggestions?

KC0QNB

Ok Brian I suggested a 5/8 wave on a grove mount, you want a 1/4 wave a good one, get a mhb1520 maxrad, you will need to buy a mount separately, you will have to find that on your own they are also on the maxrad site. good luck

btritch

Right now I'm not getting anything, I'm just exploring the options...1/4, 5/8, etc. so I can compare and let them know what would be better, they'll want proof, You know how it is...lol I'm not for sure i'm getting either yet... gotta check with the old lady first, lol you know how that is too.. ha ha

Hey, I just got to thinking, Could you take that and instead of mounting it on a hood groove mount, can it be mounted to the mounting holes on the bed in the back or would the hood still be a better place.. I didn't mean to sound smart earlier, Right now I'm just exploring the options, then I'll decide later on...Nothing is ruled out at this time... just possiblilities..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.