Guilford Co Viper Network Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJones27320

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed on the list of Viper talkgroups that Guilford Co is listed with a complete set of Viper talkgroups. I know the have there own system, but do they simulcast to the Viper Network or have plans to do so, or are these just place holders just in case they ever decide to use it.

kc4wsd

Premium Subscriber
I've noticed on the list of Viper talkgroups that Guilford Co is listed with a complete set of Viper talkgroups. I know the have there own system, but do they simulcast to the Viper Network or have plans to do so, or are these just place holders just in case they ever decide to use it.
I can't speak for their future plans, but they are not on VIPER at this time.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

reconrider8

Don't hold me to this but every County was given a specific set of viper tgids. They use these for interoperability

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber

They are for backup and interoperability only.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Don't hold me to this but every County was given a specific set of viper tgids. They use these for interoperability

Correct, every County has an basic list of talkgroups assigned for interoperability on the VIPER. They may or may not ever use them. Those Counties, Municipalities, or Agencies that elect to move over to VIPER as their primary operations platform get an *upgraded* set of talkgroups depending on the needs of each user.
Examples -
Basic:
Sheriff Dispatch
Fire Dispatch
EMS Dispatch
Town A Law
Town A Fire
Town B Law
etc

*Upgraded*:
Sheriff Dispatch
Sheriff Car to Car