Guilford County Fire simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
I am not hearing either the low band or UHF Guilford County Fire simulcasts. Does anyone know what happened?
Thanks, Gregg, N2UUp

trumpetman

Database Admin
Just texted a friend up that way, says it's still coming in just fine. Check your antenna and lock-out functions.

randyK

They have been having some issues with both low band and UHF. I live on the south side of town and now I can't get the low band link at all without an outside antenna. Last week in the city the UHF link was very weak and pretty scratchy here at home. They must have some transmitters out. I hope they have fixed soon.

CCHLLM

The low band range is definitely severely reduced and sounds to me as if the standby transmitter site at the HQ off Wendover is what's in use. One can only speculate that the primary low band site is off line, and hopefully so only for the moment.

The UHF side is apparently a non-synched simulcast system, has been miserably bad for years, and sounds even worse now. Don't expect much, if any, improvement until it either becomes a single site source or simulcast transmitter synch equipment is installed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.