Gun range coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

elrick1569

Im listening to my scanner an i hear a range coach on montgomery metro trunked and was wondering if there training recruits TALKGROUP 10-090

SCPD

QRT
OK, exactly how does all this work??. I am hearing only 1 voice with No other background noise or anything else?.. is this a recorded thing or what?, anyone else know anything more how this works??
Paul

elrick1569

when i was in rotc at jeff davis our range coach made everyone be quiet inside the range. He will call relays which meant groups to go put the targets up and take them and tell us to cease fire and begin. By the way guy i heard on the scanner called the people by nicknames like papa smurf and kept saying you dont have to look at your holster to put your gun in it.

SCPD

QRT
Very intersing Elrick, good info. Maybe some1 else will put their Knowledge in here also
Thanks
Paul

elrick1569

No action from them today. By the way montgomery datebase hasn't been updated in a good bit.

SAR923

I heard it also. If it works like our range did, we all had our portables and the rangemaster gave orders over his radio. None of us were allowed to use the radio unless we had an emergency. It sounded like a typical requalify range shoot to me.

SCPD

QRT
I heard it also. If it works like our range did, we all had our portables and the rangemaster gave orders over his radio. None of us were allowed to use the radio unless we had an emergency. It sounded like a typical requalify range shoot to me.
Thanks JIm, all that was new with me... but what i was hearing got boring after 1st day or 2 hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.