Gunfire exchange, Sac SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolnCode3

Happened a few hours ago, but I think they're still working on an article search.

Not sure how it started, but they got in a gunfight with some dude near Keifer and Tallyho. Requested rifle units countywide. STAR and AIR1, several K9s, and just about every unit south of the river (and a bunch north) were on the call.

Nothing special, but dunno' if they caught him. There was a K9 bite, but I don't know if it was the BG or an accomplice or what.

Like I said, nothing special. Sounds like the involved officers did a pretty good job.

califzeph

From The Sac Bee:

A 25-year-old man is in custody after deputies said he shot at undercover detectives in South Sacramento early Wednesday.

Shortly after midnight, a Sacramento County Sheriff's patrol car pulled up behind a convenience store on South Port Drive and Kiefer Boulevard and found six individuals loitering. One of them took off running and a police pursuit began, Sgt. Timothy Curran said.

An unmarked undercover car carrying two detectives joined in the search. The suspect was spotted and one of the detectives began a foot pursuit while the other detective pulled his car in front of the suspect to block his path, Curran said.

The suspect then fired at the car, striking it twice, Curran said. The officers returned fire, but no one was hit. A canine unit later apprehended the suspect who was being questioned Wednesday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.