Gunman causes lockdown of Middletown High

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received on my BCD996XT:
In Middletown, around noon on Oct. 2nd, a man was seen with what looked like a 9mm handgun. When middletown police responded to the report the suspect began to put his hand on his holster, ready to draw, to threaten the surrounding officers. When confronted by the police he drew his gun and began pointing it at the officers claiming he would try to shoot as many officers as he could. Nearby Middletown High was then locked down. SWAT, the county mobile command unit, state police, county police and Trooper-4 (N75SP) were called to the scene. The channel 6 news helicopter was also on scene, but was asked to relocate when Trooper-4 arrived. The suspect was called on his cell phone by negotiators, but rejected them by throwing his phone to the ground. At around 2 P.M., the police were able to apprehend the suspect by shooting him with a beanbag. The suspect was transported to christiana hospital for observation. The weapon was later found out to be an authentic looking BB gun.

VIDEO:
Standoff ends at Middletown apartments [Delaware Online News Video] - YouTube

ARTICLES:
Gunman Puts Delaware School On Lock Down
Man With a Gun Puts Del. School in Lockdown | NBC Philadelphia
UPDATE: Two hour standoff ends with Middletown man in custody - Middletown, DE - Middletown Transcript
Newark Post - Newark, DE > News > Middletown man in stand-off with police; Middletown High put into lockdown
WDEL 1150AM - Police arrest man with BB gun in Middletown
(Updated) Man taken into custody in Middletown after police standoff - Cecil Whig: Local News
Del. police arrest man armed with BB gun; no one hurt | The Republic

IMAGES (from Middletown Transcript.com):
g12c00000000000000012a243a5c09315469110f8af085f48ba5f5121c8.jpg
g12c000000000000000c13260feaea3023ab9f919b54b50ce0a938c5954.jpg
g12c000000000000000ef5d4fa4b69359f5d08088dca31bfa316e74e953.jpg

Last edited:

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
Received on my BCD996XT:
In Middletown, around noon on Oct. 2nd, a man was seen with what looked like a 9mm handgun. When middletown police responded to the report the suspect began to put his hand on his holster..

I was not there. Time distance, background behind the suspect. But a perp putting his hand on a holstered sidearm..is that not cause for lethal force?

When confronted by the police he drew his gun and began pointing it at the officers claiming he would try to shoot as many officers as he could...

Ahhh again. Lethal Force by Police Officers?

Nearby Middletown High was then locked down. SWAT, the county mobile command unit, state police, county police and Trooper-4 (N75SP) were called to the scene.

Had the officers used lethal force when the perp made the choice for them, this would not have happened, and a community would not have been subjected to the increased danger, prolonged incident ; chance of a civilian gettng hurt or killed .[/QUOTE]

The channel 6 news helicopter was also on scene, but was asked to relocate when Trooper-4 arrived.

This is easily handled. Law Enforcement ( L/E ) call the tower and declares the surrounding 5 miles is a no fly zone.

The suspect was called on his cell phone by negotiators, but rejected them by throwing his phone to the ground.

Again..No I was not there. But in making a reasonable deduction from the story, L/E prolonged the incident, increased the hazzard to the community by prolonging the situation, when in my opinion, the perp should have been shot at the beginning of the incident to stop his agressive actions, and threat to the community. Any person whom would threaten a L/E officer, shoot a L/E offficer, is much mroe of a threat to the civilan population.

The weapon was later found out to be an authentic looking BB gun.

It appeared to be a authentic looking handgun. Match, and sometimes increase the force greater than your assailant ( L/E Officer ). A BB Pistol, some newer models also have the ability to fire much faster pellets ( 177 caliber ). Pellets, that as I have read before ; have been lethal with center mass shots to the chest, causing cardiac failure. A BB Gun / Pellet Gun, shoots a projectile ; which can still take a human life, maim a human life ; or create a disability. My belief, is that Law Enforcement officers should have shot the " Assailent" to stop him. To stop him from being a threat to L/E officers, possibly injuring them or taking their life, adn further endangering the community.

FF - Medic !!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.