Gunnison Live Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikB

Feed Provider
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that I finally got around to having one of my old scanners hooked up to feed all the exciting action over here in Gunnison. Right now I am feeding analog law enforcement, fire, and EMS. Sometimes it can be kind of quiet so I was thinking about adding the City frequencies (plows and such), well see. I had a bit of a hum going on so I added a ground loop isolator and that seemed to help. I already had a dedicated computer feeding my weather station 24/7 so it seemed a shame not to add the scanner feed.
Scanner feed:
Gunnison County, Colorado (CO) Live Police, Fire, and EMS Scanners on RadioReference.com
Weather feed:
Weather Station History : Weather Underground
Enjoy!

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Erik,

Thanks for providing the feed!

It does have quite a hum to it, huh? Have you tried a shielded audio cable?

Also, what about adding Lake Co. to the feed? Can you hear them from your location?

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Lake County VHF from Gunnison? I don't believe so there a few 14'ers in the way.

Jim<

ErikB

Feed Provider
Erik,

Thanks for providing the feed!

It does have quite a hum to it, huh? Have you tried a shielded audio cable?

Also, what about adding Lake Co. to the feed? Can you hear them from your location?

Yes, I tried a shielded cable, then I went out and bought one of these which helped some:

Ground Loop Isolator - RadioShack.com

It is just a noisy scanner, it hums when it is now plugged into anything. It is really the only scanner I have that I don't regularly use and I don't mind leaving on all the time.

I am thinking you mean Lake City? I do have the Gunnison-Hinsdale county frequency in the bank in the feed, there is just not a lot of traffic on it, especially this time of year.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Lake County VHF from Gunnison? I don't believe so there a few 14'ers in the way.

Jim<

Hey - a guy can wish can't he?:lol:
Just looking at feed holes on the map is all...

Ah yes...Collegiate Peaks to be specific

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.