Guns and hams

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I was wondering if there are ops out there who believe in the 2ed Amendment, own guns and would like to start an informal net about firearm issues.
If so email me: worksntv@aol.com

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Someone fill me in

What is the association between ham radio and owning guns? I know some big gun hams with big amps..

zz0468

QRT
Banned
What is the association between ham radio and owning guns? I know some big gun hams with big amps..

The association is that hams have at least one common interest - radio. The idea of starting a net about guns would associate people people with at least two common interests - radio, and gun ownership.

Makes perfect sense to me, and I have no interest in guns.

mancow

Database Admin
That works out well...living in the inland empire. I would hate to have that interest and live in that State.

zz0468

QRT
Banned
That works out well...living in the inland empire. I would hate to have that interest and live in that State.

I dunno... I have plenty of buddies that own plenty of guns, and they piss and moan and whine, and then go plinking with their guns every weekend. Some of 'em even talk about it on the radio. Maybe they should form a net. :p

MOGA

I'm not a general, so I doubt I'll see any of this net traffic but if I was, I'd definitely be in. Guns and hams are a natural compliment from my point of view.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I guess if you were to look at my username, you could figure out what I think about it! It can get very controversial at times, but that's the freedom of speach and the second amendment right. I own, I carry! Leagally!

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The gun talk net starts tomorrow 4/17/10

A reminder:

We will start small---on April 17th--10am--edt (1400 UTC) on 3.80 Mhz. If the net expands we will consider moving it to another band to accommodate more folks!

73'
Bob
WB3DYE

Status
Not open for further replies.