Guthrie County ISICS sheriff TG info

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic78

Good morning to all. I am in need of Some assistance. I am looking for the new ISICS Sheriff talk groups for Guthrie County. I think 1 of them is encrypted so that wont-work but the regular law Ops is not and that is the one I am having difficulties finding. I know the 700mghz frequencies based off of the Spring Brook tower but I don't have the talk group needed. I was able to find Adair County with the assistance from another member of this forum which I am very grateful for but I could use some help regarding my county which is Guthrie. Fire and EMS are still running on their original conventional VHF frequencies for right now, Back in the day with the close call feature you could find a frequency by simply setting outside of the sheriff's office dispatch centre and waiting for someone to key up the mic and get the new frequency Back when Adair and guthrie county went to a repeater based frequency A few years ago Because for many many years our county, Adair County, and audubon county all shared the same frequency with no PL tone code so they were always walking over each other and a few years ago they decided to switch to different frequencies and went to arepeater based frequency system which worked really well, but I'm not savvy when it comes to the new digital so I don't know if that will work with the close call feature And using the frequencies for the Spring Brook tower that is located here in Guthrie County. Again I am not savvy enough to know whether or not I couldn't still use the close call feature sitting outside of the law enforcement dispatch centre with the new digital system and catch the talk group with the correct frequencies interred, So any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated. Like I said I've got all of the counties surrounding guthrie I just need my county(Guthrie) for law enforcement. Now the cities within Guthrie County that have their own police department i.e. Panora and Stuart are still on the regular conventional repeater VHF channel, They have not switched over to the ISICS Project 25 system as of yet but they can still communicate interop ability through region 4 call 41 but eventually the cities will also upgrade their radios and go to the digital system but the sheriff's office is running the project 25 Iowa interoperability communication system on the Law enforcement side of things.So again if anybody happens to know the TG or can give me any advice it would greatly be appreciated. Thank you very much in advance and stay safe

iascanguy

This was posted 3 1/2 years ago, don't know how accurate it might be since it had at least one inaccuracy then, but you can try and listen for talkgroups in the 30601-30800 range and see if any of them might be Guthrie County.
Close call won't be helpful in this case since it only displays frequencies, and those change frequently among those licensed to a tower site.

Donald

firemedic78

Donald,

Thank you for your reply. One question I would like to run by you is what would your suggestion be on setting the Site settings to ID search versus ID scan? The frequencies I'm using are the ones listed in the RR database for the Spring Brook State park site, and then also Adair Co. site. For some reason my scanner keeps picking up on one of the 2 Adair site frequencies listed for that county, although since the border each other That could make sense they Border Guthrie County, And the fact that the Northern part of the city of adair is in Guthrie County itself, could be using one of those frequencies but nonetheless the scanner does seem to be stopping on 770.4687, Which according to the database is listed for an adair county site but I also have the Spring Brook frequencies,
769.93125a770.18125a770.43125c

Show I guess to be safe than sorry I went ahead and added the Adair County site frequencies into the Guthrie County site as well just in case it hits off of one of those frequencies but I guess again I'm just wondering would I have better luck setting my site settings to ID search versus ID scan since I don't have a specific talkgroup to scan yet Do you think that may work? Thank you again for your reply.

P.S. if you know the frequencies and I have them wrong if you wouldn't mind letting me know the frequencies for the Guthrie County site that would be much greatly appreciated but again I am just simply going off the RR database that is already listed so that's how I came up with those frequencies. Thanks again Donald.

thatoneiowan

Feed Provider
I have TGID 30823 as Guthrie Sheriff Dispatch in my unconfirmed TGIDs group.

I know you said you have Adair SO, but I have 15011 as their Dispatch TGID (also in my unconfirmed group). If you can confirm both of those it would probably be sufficient to submit to the database.

If it really matters, I'm guessing I picked up those from either the Dallas County Simulcast site or the Des Moines/Westcom Simulcast site.

iascanguy

Donald,

Thank you for your reply. One question I would like to run by you is what would your suggestion be on setting the Site settings to ID search versus ID scan? The frequencies I'm using are the ones listed in the RR database for the Spring Brook State park site, and then also Adair Co. site. For some reason my scanner keeps picking up on one of the 2 Adair site frequencies listed for that county, although since the border each other That could make sense they Border Guthrie County, And the fact that the Northern part of the city of adair is in Guthrie County itself, could be using one of those frequencies but nonetheless the scanner does seem to be stopping on 770.4687, Which according to the database is listed for an adair county site but I also have the Spring Brook frequencies,
769.93125a770.18125a770.43125c

Show I guess to be safe than sorry I went ahead and added the Adair County site frequencies into the Guthrie County site as well just in case it hits off of one of those frequencies but I guess again I'm just wondering would I have better luck setting my site settings to ID search versus ID scan since I don't have a specific talkgroup to scan yet Do you think that may work? Thank you again for your reply.

P.S. if you know the frequencies and I have them wrong if you wouldn't mind letting me know the frequencies for the Guthrie County site that would be much greatly appreciated but again I am just simply going off the RR database that is already listed so that's how I came up with those frequencies. Thanks again Donald.

Use ID search, that will allow all talkgroups to be received. ID scan only passes audio from talkgroups that you have programmed and not locked out.

Each site, Adair and Springbrook, should be programmed separately. 770.4687 is a control channel for the Adair site and the scanner will monitor the control channel for activity on the system then tune to the proper frequency when a talkgroup becomes active.

The frequencies in the database should be correct, as long as you have the red (c) and the blue (a) ones programmed you should be ok.

Donald

firemedic78

Donald

As of right now I am still just using the frequencies that are listed in the RR database. As far as the control channel, right now the control channel 4 Adair County also seems to click up or I should say hit when I have it programmed into the Guthrie County separate programmed site So I am wondering since they border each other anyway that they use or share the same tower for some of their frequencies.I will let you know if I hear any traffic on either one of them, I should say I guess I do hear radio traffic on the 15011 talk group from adair county but I also know that they have an encrypted talk group as well but I am assuming that is used for tactical purposes only and not for main dispatch Some of the city's within Adair County I think are still using the old VHF conventional repeater channel More than likely because the smaller cities like Bridgewater cannot afford the higher end Motorola digital project 25 radios so I have still heard some chatter on the old VHF repeater conventional channel from Bridgwater PD but I have also heard stuff on the 15011 talk group From dispatch to officer so that 1 I think i have correct i just think it's funny that my county is also hitting on the control channel that Adair County has when i scan both sites seperatly, but again that may simply be because since they border each other there sharing frequencies or tower sites. I have the other channel including the red and blue programmed into each individual site so we will see what happens. As far as Guthrie County talk group ids, somebody gave me an ID of 30823 so I went ahead and programmed that but I also still have the radio set to ID search that way if that's not the correct ID then hopefully it will hit on the correct one as long as I have the correct frequencies programmed, which again I'm going based on the RR database And they have listed, 3 freqs on the Spring Brook state park site and 2 of those I believe the blue are alt. control channels and the 3rd one is a red main control channel and then of course I also have the Adair County control channel 770.4687, And my radio keeps hitting on that as a data channel under the Guthrie County bank so like I said maybe they share the same ones but I have tried scanning the Guthrie County site without that frequency and only with the 3 Spring Brook state park site frequencies and doesn't hit on any data at all so I guess I'm just gonna keep trying and will go from there.

firemedic78

FYI, I just submitted the Adair County talk group information to the radio reference admin so hopefully soon they will update the database with the correct tall group. As always on still looking for any available assistance with my county, Guthrie. For some reason I cannot get my scanner to stop on any data channel other than the control channel 4 Adair County which is 770.4687, And of course as I've mentioned above that is the control channel 4 Adair County so again I don't know if they share the same control channel or if I am missing something but I do have all 3 frequencies programmed into my Guthrie County site that is listed in the radio reference database for the guthrie county tower site, Which is Listed as SpringBrook state park but none of those 3 data channels seem to want to Get a signal bar when I scan but when I add adair County's control channel then I get a strong signal strength bar so I'm trying

firemedic78

Ok, Well as of right now still no activity on the Guthrie County site. I am hoping that throughout the day the it gets a little busier and they run more DL and licence plates and do more traffic stops that may be I'll get some hits today with the ID search or with The talk group ID that I have programmed in there that somebody in this thread gave me as a Possibility.

Now here is my question and you got to understand I am by far no Vince Lombardi of radio scanner knowledge I do know quite a bit over the years but by far I am not the novices that we have here On the radio reference forums so anyway here's the question... Is it possible that the control channels for both Adair County and Guthrie County are the same frequencies? Now I ask this question knowing that frequencies can be the same throughout different agencies within the state with different counties and such but I'm just wondering a bordering county like ours and adair , could it be possible that they Have the same control channel frequency? The only reason I ask is I have been using any frequency I can think of listed in the database that may work with guthrie, And the radio will not stop on anything except the same control channel as adair County. I think I have about 20 different frequencies programmed into the Guthrie County site, Including the Dallas County and des moines/westcom simulcast frequenciesand, and not one of them will the scanner stop on and give me a signal bar like a data control channel until I put in the 770.4687mghz, Which is the same control channel as Adair County. I just don't want to sound stupid but I just don't know so could this be a possibility? Thank you

firemedic78

Ok, last post....just wanted to follow up....I finally got traffic today on TGID 30823, which is the id a member here gave me to try, so thank you for that.... Which also means that yes the to control channels are the same control channels for both Adair and Guthrie County. Thanks everybody for your help. I will submit the talk group ID To the radio reference add men so they can update the ISICS database page. Thanks again to Donald and everybody else that helped me.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Ok, last post....just wanted to follow up....I finally got traffic today on TGID 30823, which is the id a member here gave me to try, so thank you for that.... Which also means that yes the to control channels are the same control channels for both Adair and Guthrie County. Thanks everybody for your help. I will submit the talk group ID To the radio reference add men so they can update the ISICS database page. Thanks again to Donald and everybody else that helped me.

Its likely you heard Guthrie county on the site that is located in Adair county. Unless changes were recently made, the Adair and Springbrook state park sites are not simulcast.

Tim

firemedic78

Its likely you heard Guthrie county on the site that is located in Adair county. Unless changes were recently made, the Adair and Springbrook state park sites are not simulcast.

Tim

Tim,

I guess as I said in a earlier post I am not very knowledgeable on simalcast and all that stuff but I do know that both of my scanners are pinging if you will off of the adair control channel site and not the Spring Brook state park site so Guthrie County might not even be using The Spring Brook state park site for their dispatching frequencies at all. There are other agencies within the county that are also on the Iowa system like the DNR, and park police and stuff like that that are not affiliated with the county sheriff.

Since the city of adair is Partially located within Guthrie County, the North part of the town is located in Guthrie County and the Southern part of the town is located in Adair County, they might be using that site as well but like I said I am not very knowledgeable about simulcast and what all that means but either way I was able to get it figured out and the talk group That had given to me by another member of this website is the correct one for GC Sheriff operations dispatch. I do believe both counties have a couple other talk groups that are encrypted so that won't really do anyone any good but I do know that I finally got traffic today on the Guthrie County talk group ID that was given to me by another member of this website And he had it listed as a possible dispatch channel he wasn't quite sure but I was able to confirm it after listening To the scanner throughout the day and hearing dispatch trips and hearing Deputies go out on traffic stops and running plates and DL and then of course yesterday I was able to confirm Adair County talk group and in fact as I am talking to you right now they are dispatching a deputy for a domestic fight so I know that 1 works so anyway I appreciate you replying back but like I said I am just not very knowledgeable Turn understand what simulcast or any of that stuff means basically I just simply look to this Website whenever I need guidance or frequencies because I trust this website over any other when it comes to scanning and radio frequencies/tgid's and also when I need advice or help like I have been in this thread. Stay safe.

iascanguy

If control channels from 2 different sites are programmed into the same site, the scanner will lock on to the first channel it receives and will only monitor traffic on that channel, that is why the sites need to be programmed separately. With the Adair control channel programmed into the Guthrie site, the scanner will think it is monitoring the Adair site.

Each of these tower sites has its own set of frequencies (and control channels) and do not share frequencies. The talkgroups can appear on any tower that a radio is affiliated with and since these sites are neighbors you will hear many of the same talkgroups on both sites.

A couple things to try…

Program just the control channel for the Adair site as conventional analog, so you can hear what it sounds like (if you don’t already know). Then program all 3 frequencies for the Guthrie site as conventional analog and listen for the control channel sound. If you don’t hear anything (open the squelch in case the signal is weak) you could be out of range (how far are you from the Springbrook site?), the control channel has changed to a frequency that has not yet been documented or the site might be off the air.

Set up a custom search range 769Mhz-775Mhz and listen for the control channel sound, when you hear it, hold on that frequency and turn on the C-Ch Only Mode for that custom search range and the scanner will give you a site id (looks like this 04C9h-0144, after the ‘ –‘ will be different for you) and you can compare that to the RadioReference database.

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.