Gwinnett County connect tone???

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex4659

hi,

does any one know what the connect tone is for the Gwinnett Co smartnet TRS?

and also, to listen to and smartnet / zone systems you have to select it right?

oh, and i have a moto astro saber

thanks,
Alex

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're supposed to have this radio (you're a cop or fireman, for example), the local radio shop should have programmed it so it can access the TRS. If you're just listening, I doubt you would need it. 73 Mike

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

No, you do not need it to monitor.

Keep in mind that you just alerted the whole world to the fact that you're going to program up an unauthorized radio onto Gwinnett's system.

N8IAA

No, you do not need it to monitor.

Keep in mind that you just alerted the whole world to the fact that you're going to program up an unauthorized radio onto Gwinnett's system.

Needless to say--There is no one on the multinet system anymore! All of the county has moved to the P-25 digital system. The only TG's that can be monitored are the fire deptartment. The county PD, SO, and city PD's are encrypted.
Larry

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
hi,

does any one know what the connect tone is for the Gwinnett Co smartnet TRS?

oh, and i have a moto astro saber

thanks,
Alex

you don't need a connect tone to program a scanner.

you can forget about bootlegging on an Astro 25 system, aside, Astro sabers have to have an old HOST/DSP to work on 9600baud system and don't fully support all the Astro25 features and I can guarantee you will never get one cut on any of the new Atlanta area Astro 25 systems (Cobb, Atlanta, DeKalb, Gwinnett, etc.) even if you have authorization, but I doubt this is the case here.

and I can tell you eyes are on the new systems to look for duplicate affiliations, rogue radios, etc so don't be a putz- buy a scanner and do it right.

and GC is 90 percent encrypted anyway (weak ADP but still encrypted) so even attempting to monitor such is a violation of Federal law.

don't be an assclown and make every fellow Atlanta radio enthusiast look bad, be legit.

did I mention buy a scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.