Gwinnett County DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex4659

Is GCPD and other county law enforcement agencies on this system yet? Because the DTRS in the database does not have any talk groups ID's for PD's, Just FD...

But I know that GCPD has gone digital but dont know why the DTRS hasn't been updated?

Could someone update it if possible please?

thanks,
Alex

bobbobber

All are on the system, but only the FD is unencrypted. PD and all others are encrypted, hence no talk groups.

Sorry.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Gwinnett DTRS

I may misunderstand your question but Gwinnett Fire talkgroup IDs are posted in RR because they are not encrypted and people have been able to determine what they are. All Gwinnett PD and Sheriff talkgroup IDs are encrypted and therefore will not be monitored nor posted here.

Hope this helps.

alex4659

thanks

Just for s**ts n' giggles, could someone Email me the PD's and SD's in gwinnett county with hex and decimal and also the alpha tags to:

alex4659@comcast.net or just PM me

Thanks everybody!

N8IAA

thanks

Just for s**ts n' giggles, could someone Email me the PD's and SD's in gwinnett county with hex and decimal and also the alpha tags to:

alex4659@comcast.net or just PM me

Thanks everybody!

They encrypted everything for the city PD's, county PD's, and SO before going online. I have run Pro96com and see a lot of encrypted TGID's. Can't distinguish who's who:( So......If you get anything, please share with us:)

kc4wai

I've posted this before, but I'll share it again because it is useful. There is still a lot of VHF activity from police agencies in Gwinnett. Lawrenceville PD and Gwinnett County SO are very active on 154.905 and Gwinnett PD is rumored to be using other VHF freqs....I've heard that one of them is 155.860, but I haven't verified it myself. I live in Barrow Co. where VHF is still widely utilized by public safety. Speaking of TRS info, does anyone know the connect tone for Athens-Clarke County's 800 system? It's not listed in the database.

kc4wai

Never mind on the 800 CTs. Digital scanners reveal things. Oh yeah and keying up, not recommended boys and girls. But I would assume that we all know that.

On the 150.860, didn't know that. I'll give it a listen. Thanks.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Even if you program a subscriber radio to the Gwinnett system you dont have the encryption key loaded in your radio and will hear nothing.
Also if the system is being maintained properly they are going to enhibit your access.
There is talk that accessing a digital system like this could constitute computer trespass because the radio system is considered by some to be a computer network.
It used to be you had to key up to commit a crime, now some in this profession are suggesting that as soon as you "log onto" the system by using a motorola radio you have "hacked the computer network".
Would be a first for a prosecutor in this area but i'm just sayin.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Even if you program a subscriber radio to the Gwinnett system you dont have the encryption key loaded in your radio and will hear nothing.
Also if the system is being maintained properly they are going to enhibit your access.
There is talk that accessing a digital system like this could constitute computer trespass because the radio system is considered by some to be a computer network.
It used to be you had to key up to commit a crime, now some in this profession are suggesting that as soon as you "log onto" the system by using a motorola radio you have "hacked the computer network".
Would be a first for a prosecutor in this area but i'm just sayin.

1. A system key or advanced system key in some cases is required to program ANY Motorola trunking radio for operation on a system, this has been the case since the days of Privacy Plus type I trunking.

2. The GC system is an Astro 25 trunking system. An Astro 25 subscriber radio WILL affiliate and won't unmute unless a valid individual ID is programmed. This is regardless of encryption. GC uses ADP, not hard to crack- but doing so is ILLEGAL under Federal law.

3. There have been instances of criminal cases brought against those engaged in unauthorized programming of trunking radios on public safety radio systems, in Georgia and in other states. These criminal cases in one state resulted in convictions being obtained and persons going to prison. In Georgia in addition to the computer trespass actions of unauthorized affiliation and or trunking system access, and individual may also be charged with unauthorized use of a telecommunication service, and interference with governmental administration. All of those charges are FELONIES and carry penalties that could result in incarceration up to 5 or more years and thousands of dollars in fines.

It's not worth it. Not to mention, often times individuals who engage in programming of unauthorized radios often lack the technical prowess and cause problems on the network especially when other legitimate user's radio ID's are stolen and cloned, causing that user disruption in service. This could compromise a police officer or firefighter when he/she needs their radio to work. Would you want that on your conscience?

Get a scanner. None of the above scenarios are possible as scanners lack transmitters and can't interfere with anyone's radio system!

Status
Not open for further replies.