Gwinnett County

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticoman71

So what happened to information/talkgroups/etc for Gwinnett County? What am I missing here?

Sorry, I have been away for a while...

Thanks

Last edited:

N8IAA

Wow, interesting! When did all this happen?

October of 2008. They originally had everything, including FD, encrypted, but they couldn't interop with Hall, Forsyth, and DeKalb FD's. Left the hospital/EMS channels encrypted. Gwinnett PD/SO, and all city PD's went encrypted and haven't been heard since. One day I was hearing everything, the next, nada:( Hall FD and jail TG's are not encrypted. But, if you do program in some of the 5XXX TG's, you may be surprised what you can hear:wink: Forsyth and DeKalb remain in the clear. As is Atlanta FD/PD.
Larry
A lot of interesting comms early this morning on Gwinnett FD with the truck wreck just north of me on I-85.

webfootga

Premium Subscriber
October of 2008. They originally had everything, including FD, encrypted, but they couldn't interop with Hall, Forsyth, and DeKalb FD's. Left the hospital/EMS channels encrypted. Gwinnett PD/SO, and all city PD's went encrypted and haven't been heard since. One day I was hearing everything, the next, nada:( Hall FD and jail TG's are not encrypted. But, if you do program in some of the 5XXX TG's, you may be surprised what you can hear:wink: Forsyth and DeKalb remain in the clear. As is Atlanta FD/PD.
Larry
A lot of interesting comms early this morning on Gwinnett FD with the truck wreck just north of me on I-85.

Interesting comms; yea I'd say so. Tried to to figure out if the breakdown was dispatch or FD but it kind of sounds like everyone including whoever was reporting the info were all half asleep! All turned out fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.