Gwinnett to be encrypted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrnwooo

The last I heard about their new system is that it was to be encrypted. Has anybody heard more about that? If so I won't go for a new radio.
If it's not to be, what would be a good radio to get? I like to take mine out of the house so it will need to be portable. Right now I'm using a RS Pro 95.

N8IAA

lrnwooo said:
The last I heard about their new system is that it was to be encrypted. Has anybody heard more about that? If so I won't go for a new radio.
If it's not to be, what would be a good radio to get? I like to take mine out of the house so it will need to be portable. Right now I'm using a RS Pro 95.
I personally would wait to see what will happen on the new system. I have heard encryption on three of the TGID's that were in the clear prior to this week. Not necessarily a good sign. Hall didn't go encrypted until all radios were installed. If there are unecrypted comms, a Pro96, PSR500, or Uniden 396 would be the likely suspects to get for monitoring Gwinnett.
Larry

N8IAA

Just an update on what is/isn't being heard on the new P-25 system. Some activity was noted early last week-5/19. None since then.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.