Tecsun H-501x What is the latest firmware release ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanFrance

I just got my Tecsun H-501x yesterday and I am wondering to know if I have the latest firmware.

I apply this method to see my firmware version, I found it because I own one Tecsun PL-880 and it seems to be the same method !

1.) With the radio turned off, simply press and hold the “AM BW” button and the full display panel will turn on.
2.) Then press and hold the “AM BW” again and your H501x ’s firmware version will display (a five digit number).

Mine is 50118. What is yours ? Anyone knows more about H501x Firmware ?
Thank you

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
Mine is also 50118.

As I said in the other thread, my H501x seems to have been manufactured in May 2021.

ScanFrance

Thank you for your reply, I read your post in the other thread.

Mine is also from May 2021 I think, SN : h501xMC2105004.

It seems that I found a bug in the TF audio player.
I have a 128GB SD card with more than 7500 title, my H501x detect all the title but only 129 Albums.

Explanations
If I use fine tuning + to browse all albums, after A129 it return to A00.
If I use fine tuning - and after several retry, it find A255 and only with fine tuning - it decrement normaly.
If I use fine tuning + again, it restart to A00 !!
When I press 2 times display/snooze it display 7521 titles but A129 albums !

Very strange behavior. If someone could test that I could know if it is a firmware bug or simply a problem with my SD card.

VK3RX

Thaumaturge
Premium Subscriber
It may not be a firmware bug or a problem with the SD card, instead a limitation in the allowable number of files, folders or the size of the card.

My car audio system has similar limitations.

VK4LL

Same here 50118, so this must be the firmware version. I was hoping they would release some fixes to the bandwidth selection issue and the ridiculous implementation of DSP in the x version.

Status
Not open for further replies.