• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

H38 option and more then 48 CH in MTX2000 with no KBD ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronenp

Hello
Can someone explain me what is the H38 Option that apear in the
MTS2000 ?
I try to look in the CodePlug and didnt recognise something special

2) is there any way of operatiing more then 48 Channels into mtx838
or mts2000 with top display and no keyboard ?

Thanks Forward
Ronen

fineshot1

Hello
Can someone explain me what is the H38 Option that apear in the
MTS2000 ?
I try to look in the CodePlug and didnt recognise something special

2) is there any way of operatiing more then 48 Channels into mtx838
or mts2000 with top display and no keyboard ?

Thanks Forward
Ronen

1 - H38 option is SmartZone

2 - No, 48 is max

ronenp

Intresting ...
I have one radio that have smartzone (in the trunking system option) but when i look at the radio info in the software there is no h38 and another radio that have also smartzone and there is a h38 option mentioned while i do radio history (it is f9 after reading the radio)
so how can it be ? and whats the diffrence ?

fineshot1

Intresting ...
I have one radio that have smartzone (in the trunking system option) but when i look at the radio info in the software there is no h38 and another radio that have also smartzone and there is a h38 option mentioned while i do radio history (it is f9 after reading the radio)
so how can it be ? and whats the diffrence ?

sorry - all i can tell you is that H37 is smartnet and H38 is smartzone. its possible that they are not listed the same across different radio platforms and you did not mention exactly what radio listed what options once you read it with rss so not sure how to answer your question.

ronenp

Thanks anyway for the quick response
i realy apreciate it ....
Best Regards
Ronen

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
I had a Top Display MTS2000 that did 255 channels. So it is possible, you'll just have to find the right files to make it work.

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
I had a Top Display MTS2000 that did 255 channels. So it is possible, you'll just have to find the right files to make it work.

Continuous rotary? Sounds very MTX'ish. Only, because, I've never seen an MTS2000 continuous rotary.

ronenp

My radio is also have a Continuous rotary and a top display (no keyboard) mtx8000
I had put two codeplug in it one 99 CH and other 160 CH and both didnt worked out ....
every time that CH 16 passed it jumped back to CH 1 there was no option to get more then 16CH no matter what i did
so i could have only 3 Zones of 16 CH each ....
are you sure that your radio gave you more then 16 CH with the switch and didnt roll back to ch 1 after the 16th CH ? and had no keyboard at all ?

if the answer yes ... is there anyone that have such codeplug ? (800MHZ SmartZone top display more then 48CH) ?

Thanks Forward
Ronen

Status
Not open for further replies.