Hackensack AirMed Two out of Miller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
For the past few days I have been hearing Hackensack AirMed Two flying out of Miller Airport in Ocean County taking calls where Monoc Air 1 would be responding. At first I thought maybe they had an extra chopper in the area for the Memorial Day weekend, but whenever a chopper is dispatched out of Miller it's the Hackensack ship. Did they take over Ocean County?

Devilz311

They have been planning for a while. Hackensack put up the additional aircraft to get the call volume from SOCH and, from what I’ve heard tonight, retrievals for Jersey Shore.

Even with two aircraft at the same airport, the closest SHOULD be still dispatched, even if its only by a couple hundred feet.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
On Friday I heard the Hackensack ship go out twice, one in Toms River and another in Lakewood. I didn't listen yesterday or today.

Devilz311

MONOC 1 is still taking scene assignments (flew a fall victim out of Stafford early this morning) their tail number may be N44KV,they were flying around Ocean County Airport and the Whiting area yesterday and today. Radio ID they’re using is 2491003.

AviationDB - Aviation Database - Aircraft N44KV

Definitely not N44KV, that’s registered to a Robinson R44. There’d have to be some serious budget cuts to fly medevac in one of them.

Devilz311

Either makes sense. The “HU” standing for Hackensack University. Similar to most of Med-trans aircraft ending in MT

MedicCop

Even with two aircraft at the same airport, the closest SHOULD be still dispatched, even if its only by a couple hundred feet.

I believe that they rotate by week or month for first due/second due. Cooper One and MedEvac 5 have a similar arrangement at Milville Airport.

Devilz311

I believe that they rotate by week or month for first due/second due. Cooper One and MedEvac 5 have a similar arrangement at Milville Airport.
That’s only for drive ups to the airport. LZ’s are still whoever is closer.

ShoreBullets

Both units are flying. REMCS assigns units based on whomever is closest to the scene and this applies to drive ups as well. There have already been instances where ambulance drive past MONOC to AirII because AirII is closer to the scene but MONOC is closer to the gate.

Mbk127k

Could also be that their not getting enough flight time with Hackensack Air 1 in the southeastern New York area anymore like they use to. Maybe they decided to add a second one down in Ocean County.

They use to call Hackensack a lot where I am but the decline of the way they dispatch medevacs in Orange County and other areas the call volume has decreased for them then again you have 2 Lifenet medevacs and a Atlantic medevac in a close proximity in the Hudson Valley so I am sure their call volume for Hackensack decreased a lot so putting a second helo somewhere would help them. It use to be so bad with flight jobs around here they would call NJSP Northstar once in a while for medevacs because the other ones were so busy.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Now that MICCOM is dispatching Hackensack Air off NJICS, does anyone hear them on the OneVoice DMR system anymore...or the old UHF repeater up on Alpine for that matter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
They are not using Alpine anymore, too much interference from Trbo systems out of NYC area at flight level. As far as I know MICCOM never talked to the bird with DMR the Wolfsberg radio didn't have a compatable module (they may now), and that's why they used Alpine.
Used to be a great site, many a time New York Hospitals bird and then Westchester County's would call in from Boston, Pittsburg, and just about anywhere within 200 miles out at flight level.
Year ago I would test Alpine when I was going to Dayton Hamfest, most times could call back from the highest point on I-80 in Penna.

onsceno

To clarify a bit... MICCOM does not physically "dispatch" Hackensack-1 or 2. The pilot is the only one who can "technically dispatch" the ship on an assignment. While MICCOM coordinates inter-facilties directly that come through their transfer center, REMCS coordinates the scene flights to choose the "closest available ship" and will turn over inter-facilities they are not able to handle to alternatively monitored ships should the need arise. Hackensack-1, as stated, has not been on the Alpine repeater in some time due to the aforementioned interference and has returned to the Med-9 repeater at HUMC (462.95 D662) and no longer uses the GTC DMR system with the integration of NJICS *AT* MICCOM. VERY soon, you should keep an ear on 155.22 pl 192.8 for state-wide alerting. Dependent on which ship and the location of their flights, the Med-9, Tinton Falls or Ocean County UHF repeaters will be utilized by Hackensack-1 and/or 2 (with the 155.22 as back up in the event the scene flight LZ is on UHF). Communications, for coordination purposes, will continue to occur with REMCS on NJICS. Hope this helps...

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
The pilot is the only one who can "technically dispatch" the ship on an assignment....

Thank you for the update but I have one disagreement. How would the pilot know where to go unless someone told him ? So a dispatch center does in fact “dispatch” him. The pilot can always reply “unable to fly due to (insert reason such as weather, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

onsceno

While that is the common "understanding", the alerting is completed through the dispatch center. The dispatch (aka approval to accept the flight) comes from the pilot upon a quick briefing with the crew (this is straight from my NAACS training) and plenty of time on the medevac desk. While strange sounding... that's how "they" classify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.