Hackensack Hospital - Helicopter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdet

HUMC is getting a helicopter??! but seeing hows other hospitals in Nj are using helicopters I guess the State may be out of Northstar/southstar eventually? what freq will they be page out on??
what say you

scannersnstuff

i think the state has an over abundance of medical helo's to begin with. with that being said, i don't think northstar/southstar will be driven out of buiz. just my opinion for whatever's it's worth.

joshua86

HUMC is getting a helicopter??! but seeing hows other hospitals in Nj are using helicopters I guess the State may be out of Northstar/southstar eventually? what freq will they be page out on??
what say you

there have been rumors and other threads in the past about this...all medevacs in nj have to call into REMCS through the njsp trunked system, some are dispatched primarily through it and some are dispatched by outside agencies.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
i think the state has an over abundance of medical helo's to begin with. with that being said, i don't think northstar/southstar will be driven out of buiz. just my opinion for whatever's it's worth.

I disagree... Maryland has quite a few for an even smaller state.

As far as NJ, I think they are underutilized.

scannersnstuff

i guess the demographics/useage actually determines if there are too few/many. it just seem's like everyones jumping into the medical helicopter game. as fas as being under utilized, i don't know about that. in time's past, they were getting called, and some patient's were basically walking to the helicopter.
they alway's seem busy over the air.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Anyway for what it is worth, A) close source tells me that Hackensack Medical Center is looking to purchase a helicopter and B? Just before Hurricane Irene all the private pulled there ships out of New Jersey until after the storm passed so I think it is safe to say the NJSP / JEMSTAR Medevac program is here to stay, THANK GOD !!

scannersnstuff

the b part is kind of a moot point, since they can't fly in it anyway ! . they are just protecting their investment/saving insurance buck's.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
the b part is kind of a moot point, since they can't fly in it anyway ! . they are just protecting their investment/saving insurance buck's.

Right... they will be needed after the hurricane, not during. Won't do any good if they are damaged.

I'm sure NJ had them in a hanger.

asnhnetwork

NYPD aviation also evacuated for that storm. I heard ATC working on that Saturday afternoon a flight of 6 Northbound up the Hudson working LaGuardia TCA. I believe they went to Stewart but can't confirm that destination. Since Floyd Bennett had a good chance of seeing the eye wall it made sense.

What is taking HackensackUMC so long to hire it's flight crew? I saw them still advertising for personnel back on December 12th. Also anything new on it's name or base location? I have heard 4 different locations mentioned a few months ago.
! Hackettstown
2 Sussex
3 Hackensack UMC North
4 Teterboro

I know Remsc does scene dispatchon but will Miccom use 155.175 for inter-facility? Or will they use the St. Claire's encrypted radios?

Status
Not open for further replies.