Hackensack Meridian and RWJ dispatch frequencies in Ocean County

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the frequencies being used by Hackensack Meridian and RWJ paramedics for dispatching? I know they talk on local dispatch when going into the towns but each had to be dispatched by their respective dispatch centers.

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Check through the talkgroups here. You'll need a Phase 2 P25 capable scanner to hear it. In Ocean County usually the Bordentown site is best to pull these in.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
The New Brunswick cell is not a major site, and probably won't be carrying most traffic. Switch to a different site that carries more traffic.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
I'm using Arc160 to import the frequencies and talkgroups directly from the RR database. I've added Cranberry and Freehold site frequencies and I've been listening for 15 minutes and I've heard nothing. I have both Hackensack and RWJ talkgroups on the scanner so there should be SOMETHING heard.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Not necessarily, no. The system doesn't work that way. Talkgroups are only carried on sites that they need to be carried on. If no Hackensack or RWJ radios are affiliated with those talkgroups on the sites you're scanning, you won't hear anything.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Not necessarily, no. The system doesn't work that way. Talkgroups are only carried on sites that they need to be carried on. If no Hackensack or RWJ radios are affiliated with those talkgroups on the sites you're scanning, you won't hear anything.

Oh, I thought they were on all sites, but still I should hear RWJ since they operate in New Brunswick, East Brunswick, North Brunswick, Somerset and some other places around here and Hackensack has Perth Amboy, Sayreville and a few others. Any ideas which sites I should program in to listen to these in Middlesex and Ocean counties? Both organizations operate in MIddlesex and Ocean counties.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
I've added New Brunswick, Cranberry, Freehold, Neptune, Telegraph Hill, Wall, Long Branch, Martinsville and Plukemin. Nothing being heard.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Just going to bump this up, as I haven't been actively trying to figure this out, but I'd really like to try now. Attached are screenshots of the settings, talkgroups and frequencies. As you can see from my last reply in August, I entered all frequencies from all of the possible sites, including the closest one to me (New Brunswick). Nothing is being heard on my scanner on these talk groups. Right now I've been exclusively scanning this bank. Not a peep. Any suggestions/ideas?

Attachments

• freqs.JPG
    freqs.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 14
  • tg.JPG
    tg.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 15
  • settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 12

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Those screenshots are from ARC160. Ah, shame on me, I apparently didn't notice that you posted "I'm using Arc160 to import the frequencies and talkgroups directly from the RR database." back in August. The PRO-160/162 models are analog scanners. The NJICS system is a P25 (not MOT) digital trunked system, which will not work in a PRO-160/162. No wonder you're unable to hear anything.

You need to use a P25 Phase II capable scanner to hear the NJICS system.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
I must have assumed that incompatible systems wouldn't even download or populate if the scanner couldn't support that. Instead it changes P25 to MOT. I mean, I get that functionality from CHIRP when programming amateur radios. If a repeater isn't on a mode supported by the radio I'm programming, it doesn't put that into the memory slot in CHIRP. I guess that's an ARC160 issue then.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I've never been a fan of Butel software, but to be fair, @policefreak clearly stated in the first reply to you that you'll need a Phase 2 P25 capable scanner to listen to this system.

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Is there better software to program the Pro-160 that you'd recommend that also interfaces with RR?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Is there better software to program the Pro-160 that you'd recommend that also interfaces with RR?
The only software ever written for the PRO-160/162 was ARC160, so there is no alternate choice. The software works just fine for supporting that older model scanner, however when it comes to some of the newer scanner models, I prefer software like ProScan (only works with Uniden scanners).

W2PSK

Premium Subscriber
Now that I'm using ARC160 a little more, I see how silly it is to even allow me to import modes the scanner doesn't support. I hadn't noticed the ones marked as P25 before. Oh well, not a big deal. I can still scan lots of good federal frequencies as well as the NJSP.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I own a 160 and it's a solid analog base/mobile scanner. Unfortunately it doesn't have a narrowband filter, and so if you're in an area where you have closely spaced VHF channels, you'll wind up with some bleedover from immediately adjacent channels (155.4525 will bleed over to 155.450 and 155.455). It's also not capable of center tuning to those 7.5 kHz stepped channels on VHF, so as with the previous example, you have to program 155.450 or 155.455 instead of 155.4525. Despite those issues and a few others, it's still very capable when it comes to low band, the aircraft band, 800 SmartZone and EDACS, and other bands that don't require a narrowband filter and are still analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.