hackrf /portapack

Status
Not open for further replies.

home121

Every thing went good downloads, portapack tool, firmware, the mayhem sd_card loaded perfect. Did the DFU went fine 100 %, But putor does not
see device. Can't find Libraries for HRF1 and w/o that nothing works. I bought a 32 Ghz SD Card formatted it w/ Fat32 for portapack.
This SDR HRF1 is becoming what we call diminishing returns. Spent a lot of money and more important time. Also mayhem.bat no where to be found. Any idea's Welcome ?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
I think you have to use Zadig to change the drivers if you haven't already done that. It's been a while since I had to do that part.

There are 2 separate folders that have to be downloaded. One has all of the files for the card and the other one is the actual firmware entitled mayhem_v1.1.1_FIRMWARE

Flash_portapack_mayhem.bat is located in this folder.

home121

I think you have to use Zadig to change the drivers if you haven't already done that. It's been a while since I had to do that part.

There are 2 separate folders that have to be downloaded. One has all of the files for the card and the other one is the actual firmware entitled mayhem_v1.1.1_FIRMWARE

Flash_portapack_mayhem.bat is located in this folder.
Tnk's Markb ; I did exactly as written, watched many video's downloaded mayhem _v1.1.1_ Did not say Firmware said SD Card, D.L. portapack tool ect. put new 32 Ghz. SD Card in, formatted it. I'm sure its something i'm doing wrong, like I said I am no computer wiz. Tnk's again joe

home121

When I go to flash either hackrf or portapack I get not found, for both. It says to put portapack in hackrf mode The screen never lights up, so how can I put it in hackrf mode ?

Markb

Premium Subscriber
Have you tried a DFU reset? Hold the DFU button down while unplugging the power and continuing to hold the button while plugging it back in.

home121

No but I did hold down the dfu button and set button then released the set then dfu. What I got was Determining device status: = dfuIDLE, status= 0 dfu, continuing. DFU mode deviceDFU version 0100. Device returned transfer size 2048. copying data from P.C.to DFU device. Download 100 % 2206 bytes. Download Done. unable to read dfu status after completion. can,t detatch resetting USB to switch back to run tie mode.

home121

No but I did hold down the dfu button and set button then released the set then dfu. What I got was Determining device status: = dfuIDLE, status= 0 dfu, continuing. DFU mode deviceDFU version 0100. Device returned transfer size 2048. copying data from P.C.to DFU device. Download 100 % 2206 bytes. Download Done. unable to read dfu status after completion. can,t detatch resetting USB to switch back to run tie mode.
Also said cant match ?

home121

If we could figure out how to get Portapack screen on, maybe I could put it in hackrf mode that it keeps asking me to do before I flash either hrf1 or portapack. To turn it on is the center button on portapack right ? Unless there is another way to turn it on, I know it sounds stupid, but center button seems logical as to turn it on, maybe if I throw it against the wall it will turn on ?

home121

Hey I remember reading that if you don't have the libraries on the hrf1 it will not do anything, I don't remember seeing anything to do with libraries. Don't know if it runs in the background or what, and I appreciate the time and effort to help out another one interested in spectrum analysist above 2 Ghz. Btw I've been using hrf1 w/ HDSDR so i know it works, just can't get it to hook up with PortaPack yet. Tnk's again Joe

ciscovk

Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to convert RAW .wav file to .c16 (suitable for havoc-portapack format)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.