Hagerstown MD Police Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjkoe

Can any body tell me if the Hagerstown PD frequency is encrypted? Just purchased a BD996XT scanner, live in Hagerstown and would like to pick up the HPD. Does anybody listen to the HPD

jlw5178

Hagerstown PD

Can anyone tell me if I can listen to the Hagerstown police department on a pro-94 from radio shack? I know this particular radio is a trunk tracker and that the new system hagerstown uses is trunked but i cant figure out if the pro 94 has the capability for that system. Is there such a thing as digital trunking and analog? are they different?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Can anyone tell me if I can listen to the Hagerstown police department on a pro-94 from radio shack? I know this particular radio is a trunk tracker and that the new system hagerstown uses is trunked but i cant figure out if the pro 94 has the capability for that system. Is there such a thing as digital trunking and analog? are they different?
Hagerstown Police dispatch is digital non-encrypted, but everything else looks encrypted and cannot be monitored by any scanner.

Look in the "Mode" column in trunked systems. "A" is analog, "D" is digital, "E" is encrypted. Anytime you see P25, Project 25, or APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive it is digital. The PRO-94 will not decode digital signals. You would need a digital scanner. Also the PRO-94 does not support rebanding.

Click on the links below:

Pro-94 - The RadioReference Wiki

Digital Scanners

Rebanding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.