Half size G5rv

Status
Not open for further replies.

M6MGF

hi all i am sure this has been asked before so id like to say sorry first!

we are about to move homes and the garden might not be long enough for my half size G5RV is it possable to fit it in an 'L' shape with the ground side nearer the house whist the other leg goes down the garden?

thats it !

hope some ore will be able to help me

regards

keith

SCPD

QRT
Bend just the ends

hi all i am sure this has been asked before so id like to say sorry first!

we are about to move homes and the garden might not be long enough for my half size G5RV is it possable to fit it in an 'L' shape with the ground side nearer the house whist the other leg goes down the garden?

thats it !

hope some ore will be able to help me

regards

keith

It would be better for you to bend both ends to fit. Keep as much of the middle straight. Bend the same amount on each end.

WX9EMS

I have one (not using it now, stuck in an apartment) but last spring had a storm that took the tree down at one end, tried to move the loose end to the next tree; which wasn't straight inline anymore. This "new" arrangement did not work so hot, not only could I not tune the antenna, the reception suffered as well. Try to get your center as high as you can, this is will effectively "shorten" the antenna. If you fold the ends over, do not go any further than 1/4 of the length, because the last 1/4 of each dipole leg is the high voltage, low current point on the lowest band. You will probably have some reactance that will throw off the antenna characteristics, but you'll probably be able to tune it with a transmatch. Play with it, see what works best. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.