Hallelujah! Finally got my Pro96 Picking up DTRS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleverin

After local agencies all switched to DTRS a few months back, I thought I had bought a" pig in a poke when I bought my Pro96. Couldn't get the darned thing to program even though I kept hearing from people on here that we SHOULD be able to hear them with it. Yesterday I started researching on this site and tried a few new things with the program on the Win96(really thought I would have to update it but didn't). Put the Motorola custom table 9600 baud into the programming and then input the local talkgroups into the table with MOT and downloaded them into my scanner. Turned it on and EUREKA! There everything was, fire, law enforcement, AMR and public works. Most of them seem to be sitting on the Pueblo Chem Depot frequency 851.300. I think the law enforcement I'm picking up is either CSP or PCo SD. Pueblo PD must be on something else, haven't heard them yet. Doesn't matter, it's finally working! I really thought I'd bought a useless scanner for 300+ dollars and that I'd have to get a 106 but maybe not. I'm just happy it's not a doorstop and I don't have to buy another one! It's great hearing fire and police and EMS again, I was really getting bored listening to ham channels and buses and cabs! I really didn't have the money to invest in another scanner so I'm glad I'm able to make this one work.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Put the Motorola custom table 9600 baud into the programming and then input the local talkgroups into the table with MOT and downloaded them into my scanner.

Custom tables? I'm happy that your getting something on the radio, but for as much personal help you can get here, along with having win96 and using the import function, this should have been so simple, a "caveman can do it."

People have posted numorus win96 files on this site, where all one has to do is, load file, and then program the radio.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Pueblo PD is on DTRS. The entire city and county is on there. If you're not hearing them, check that you have the proper talkgroups plugged in (check the database).
One problem you may run into is that two sites that get a lot of traffic down there are 700mhz, and your Pro96 will NOT track those towers. If the traffic you're looking for is on those sites, you're not going to hear it.
I'd also check what sites you have programmed. The Chemical Depot site isn't a very good one for city traffic, and only limited use for most of the county.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Also Custom Tables should not be needed to program the DTRS.

Jim<

jleverin

Thanks Bob, I'll check on that. Yeah, I just figured that Pueblo PD was on another frequency that I couldn't pick up with my radio. Doesn't really concern me too much right now. I did enter all the other primary local frequencies for Pueblo listed in the database: Greenhorn,12 Mile, Walking Stick, Jackson and Goat Hill. Still not seeing much activity on many of them except Pueblo Chem Depot and Greenhorn. Still lots of activity on there most of the day, good listening.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
The PD isn't on a different frequency...they're on the same frequencies as everyone else. Even if they're hitting a 700mhz tower that your scanner won't track, they are probably still hitting towers you can hear.

That being said, Jackson and Goat Hill won't help you much since they use 700mhz control channels. You should probably lock them out or delete them so that they don't slow down your scanner.
From what you have programmed, that leaves you with the Chem Depot, Greenhorn, 12 Mile and Walking Stick.
I would suggest adding San Carlo CF (which is near the state hospital) and Cheyenne Mtn. Greenhorn won't help much with city traffic, but will work well for the county. Pueblo traffic on Cheyenne is spotty, with more county traffic than city traffic, but it has a very large foot print.

Last edited:

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Yea, don't click on the extended frequency box and enter 700MHz freqs. My PRO-96 locked up on those frequencies until I erased them or locked them out. Afraid if you want to listen to all the sites in Pueblo you will need a object scanning GRE or one of the newer digital Unidens. Santa Claus should be stopping by next month!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.