Halloween Non-Party in the Castro/ SF

Status
Not open for further replies.

karldotcom

ba_castro30_122_mc.jpg

So someone put up a link of who will be streaming this....after I get home trickotreating with my nephews, I will probably turn on Ghost2Ghost with Art Bell and turn on the scanner for West Hollyweird...unless there is an SF feed.

Last edited:

trooperdude

Database Admin
karldotcom said:
So someone put up a link of who will be streaming this....after I get home trickotreating with my nephews, I will probably turn on Ghost2Ghost with Art Bell and turn on the scanner for West Hollyweird...unless there is an SF feed.

I was going to put one up, but work got in the way and I didn't have time to program up the spare scanner and run it up the hill ,and set up the computer.

Maybe next year.

Big_Ears

You know, it seems like Mayor Newsome and his buddy Supervisors are trying to get rid of some of activities that put The City on the map. It started when they tried to delete the Blue Angels from the Fleet Week activitiies. Now they want to delete the Halloween Madness that started from the Hooker's Ball and migrated to the Castro Mayhem Madness. These activities, as crazy as they are, are what put San Francisco on the map in the first place. It's not the people's problem that their police force was unable to control the unruly participants. A great majority of the crowds are just innocent bystanders that just want to observe the crazinesss and be able to tell their friends that "they were there".

So what is next? Complaining that the KaBoom show is just too taxing for the municipal services & police force to handle? Has anybody seen the garbage piles and smelled all the piss that occurs down at the Embarcadero the next day?

How about the insanity when 1000's of bikers are allowed to run amuck during the Critical Mass at the end of every month? I understand the original intent when the bikers were protesting the deaths of the those 2 messengers, but now it's just some outlet for any crazy to go ride a bike and go/do anything their hearts desire. Any other group of people who obstructs traffic and is allowed to proceed without any orderly manner would rounded up and jailed. We all observe how those bike messengers are basically allowed to ride anywhere without observing traffic laws, signals, stop signs, etc. all in the name of mail delivery.

So what's next? Only Newson and his Supes can answer that one. They must remember that it's this craziness that also draws the visitors and their money to "good 'ole Frisco" Only when the fun is gone, the visitor pool has dried up and their dollars are being spent somewhere else. Then they can say "Wheew glad all that riff-raff is finally gone for good" and be proud that no one will want to go there anymore. Perhaps it's time for Oakland be the "Destination Place" once they solve their "Killing Fields" problem.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Big_Ears I think you've hit the nail on the head. I hadn't considered this, but what you're saying seems to be exactly what is happening.

Another recent thing, good or bad, is how they handled the annual Exotic Erotic Ball. It's been in the city for 28 years now. This year Snoop Dog was somehow a part of it, and the city was going to issue a proclomation(sp?) .. something like "Exotic Erotic Ball Day". But some members of the city council/etc got bent out of shape - Snoop Dog is not the best of citizens, and the proc was canceled. And at least $50K in proceeds from this event are going directly to charity. So the founder told the city they could F*** the proc and give it to the charity.

SF is not hurting anyone but themselves. I understand that the Ball attracts people from all over the world and causes most, if not all, of the hotel rooms to be sold out. How often does that happen in SF? The message that they need to be taught is that if they don't want our money, we will gladly spend it in a different part of the country.

Eng74

Don't forget how Mayor Newsome is doing with the 49ers new stadium. He is running them out of the Stick so his buddy can turn the area in to condos and make it a new South Beach. I have some friends who work for the team and what he has or hasn't done is a joke.

trooperdude

Database Admin
Well they got what they asked for last night.

Dead as a doornail. And a LOT of PD overtime $$$$ spent.

Next year may be different however.

With leap-year I think it falls on a Friday night.

rooivalk

gmclam said:
Big_Ears I think you've hit the nail on the head. I hadn't considered this, but what you're saying seems to be exactly what is happening.

Another recent thing, good or bad, is how they handled the annual Exotic Erotic Ball. It's been in the city for 28 years now. This year Snoop Dog was somehow a part of it, and the city was going to issue a proclomation(sp?) .. something like "Exotic Erotic Ball Day". But some members of the city council/etc got bent out of shape - Snoop Dog is not the best of citizens, and the proc was canceled. And at least $50K in proceeds from this event are going directly to charity. So the founder told the city they could F*** the proc and give it to the charity.

SF is not hurting anyone but themselves. I understand that the Ball attracts people from all over the world and causes most, if not all, of the hotel rooms to be sold out. How often does that happen in SF? The message that they need to be taught is that if they don't want our money, we will gladly spend it in a different part of the country.

Somewhat off topic, but The Cow Palace is owned by the State of California, and isn't in S.F. (except for some of the parking lots). It's in Daly City (San Mateo Co.).

S.F. sells out of hotel rooms, esp. downtown, almost every weekend, it's one of the top tourist cities in the world. Losing a one-night drunk fest in the Castro isn't going to hurt anything.

Halloween has turned into just another party holiday, where people use it as an excuse to get drunk and stupid.

Back on topic: A9 was pretty busy, mostly admin stuff. A2 was hopping, as The Southern District was getting hammered in the club areas: 11th st, 1st/Howard, 6th street, 1000blk of Market.

cristisphoto

rooivalk said:
Not be a long shot. Safest city in No. Cal. is San Jose.

avoid most of the downtown corridor, SOMA area, etc.
Its how you Carry Yourself I lIve in the "Soma"..
And Youd be Surpisd How many Tourists And WHat Nots Flash
With The Camera HAngin aboout Watches Jewelry, Purses hangin open
Or evn just havuin A purses begs for snatching..
While anywehere in public onemust tone it down,,,
Back Pack Lower class clothing attire Etc...
Otherwise if you get robbed then I hate to say it BUT
its Yer own dang fault..
Dot flash steak in front hungry wolves..
Ya know

Oh yea and yer Mp3 palyers I suggest you hide away until you are 97 LOL
at your destination

Status
Not open for further replies.