Halton region p25 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

agboy77

I was just scanning Halton's p25 system and I see an id come on the scanner I have never seen prior. This was id 705 and it kept repeating an automated phrase "711 Appleby line, refer to printout for incident type" or very similar. I was wondering if anyone knew what this is or why it was broadcasting. It repeated this phrase for about 10 mins before I finally had to lock it out. Any insight would be appreciated.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Sounds like Locution CADVoice, which is an automated dispatch alerting system for Fire and/or EMS. It shouldn't repeat it for 10 minutes straight, unless they're testing the system.

agboy77

Yah it was repeating for about that long. I have never heard it before. Is there any use in trying to monitor this for the future?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Jay911

Feed Provider
Was it this voice?

CADVoice 2 - YouTube

That's Locution. That same woman's voice is recorded into their system and used everywhere where it is deployed.

If it is being tested to the point where they're putting it on the radio, it's probably wise to keep listening (though not if it is broadcasting for 10 minutes at a time - what is on the video I posted is what you normally get). They could be preparing to use it for dispatch. What it does is delivers the initial dispatch information to the firehalls or the trucks on the street, freeing up the dispatcher to handle other units/calls.

agboy77

Yah that sounds about right, I just looked up 711 Appleby and it turns out that is the address of one of the fire stations. It makes sense if it were in testing. Thanks for the info!

SCPD

QRT
Ag what's the TGID? Was it 705 or was that the radio id?

Anyway sounds really cool, but I'm not a fan of automated dispatching

agboy77

I'm not sure tbh, I think it was radio Id though? It was on a uniden 396xt and the biggest font on the screen was "id:705". I had the scanner set to search mode (not scan mode). Forgive my ignorance haha.

ATCTech

Although I haven't seen the activity in question I'm going to suggest it would be T/G 705. That's in the range of the Oakville FD groups and since Oakville & Burlington FDs combined dispatch a few years back it would make sense. Also, Burlington Station 4 on Appleby was (still is?) the dispatch console location.

Lastly, there are no radios in that range in my Unitrunker logs going back nearly 3 years.

agboy77

Yes my guess was a just that, it had no merit. Can I ask what you mean by the dispatch console?

ATCTech

Burlington Station 4 oin Appleby is where the dispatchers were (still are>>?) located is what I meant to infer... sorry!

agboy77

Oh sorry my bad, I thought they were at station 1 now but it would probably be easy to figure out either way.

ATCTech

They may be, I have no idea. When it was decided to combine dispatch duties many years ago, Burlington was dispatching out of 4 so that's where the combined dispatch duties started. Pure coincidence that the address for 4 was used for the testing you heard or because that's where they're still located, it could go either way.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
They may be, I have no idea. When it was decided to combine dispatch duties many years ago, Burlington was dispatching out of 4 so that's where the combined dispatch duties started. Pure coincidence that the address for 4 was used for the testing you heard or because that's where they're still located, it could go either way.

I think the original poster here got a few things mixed up.

The Talkgroup was 705, or 708 and the radio ID was 108 or 109, the Burlington Fire Dispatch radio ID.

I heard this yesterday, 711 Appleby Line, where they do their dispatching.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I never saw a clear response - is the voice that's being heard the same one as in the Youtube clip I posted? That would be a definite answer as to whether or not this is Locution auto-dispatch.

agboy77

Yes it sounded very similar if not identical

Jay911

Feed Provider
Gotcha. Like I said, contrary to some people's beliefs, that's an actual recorded voice, not a synthesized one. The company, so I'm told, has a staffer who speaks your city's entire master street address guide into a mic, and the dispatches are assembled a word at a time. There's a rumor that goes around from time to time that they had to do a casting call for another similar-sounding lady a while back, because the first one's voice got used up/she got sick/something else happened.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Gotcha. Like I said, contrary to some people's beliefs, that's an actual recorded voice, not a synthesized one. The company, so I'm told, has a staffer who speaks your city's entire master street address guide into a mic, and the dispatches are assembled a word at a time. There's a rumor that goes around from time to time that they had to do a casting call for another similar-sounding lady a while back, because the first one's voice got used up/she got sick/something else happened.

It's hard to tell if the voice on the You Tube Click is the same. It sounded very much like one of the dispatchers voices to be honest.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber

Maybe they put her on ice, she knew too much>>>>

:)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hey look at that... the YouTube video is from me haha. My Pro-106 was about a day old in that clip, in Boca Raton Florida.

Jay911

Feed Provider
I noticed that after I posted it. I simply looked on YT for a video with 'locution cadvoice' in the title. Thanks for it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.