Halton Region Police, 11 + 12 Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJB

20 + year membership
You'll have to give me a district to know what you refer to as the Halton tower. I'm guessing you mean the north? I'm not sure what a Romeo unit is to be honest. I used to hear "RT##", which was/is the Regional Traffic unit cars, perhaps it's been abbreviated? A Romeo unit might also be a roaming unit within the division, in this case covering all of 11 Division as in Acton and Georgetown, or even "rural"? I hear "Romeo" associated with Milton calls as well and I can't think of any geographic area that starts with "R" for it to be named for. If we hear it in Oakville and Burlington then I'm thinking the roaming car might be the best match.

Anyone else know?

They were calls on 01-022 off the Halton tower, north.

Mentioned Acton addresses.

ATCTech

NEW! North system - clear t/g 1451 (dec) CONFIRMED Milton Transit is active today, April 30th. (Seeing it active on both North & South)

This is NOT simulcast with EDACS t/g 707 so the first 'official' user is active. Just heard someone broadcast a reminder to "make sure you hear that double click before you talk."

Last edited:

CanadaDude

... (As an aside, prior to going to EDACS they used to cross-couple 142.275 (north) and 142.515 (Oakville) manually - that's how long I've been listening to Halton!)...

Of course Oakville USED to be 154.710 and Burlington 154.620... but thats back when I was a teenager. :roll:

EJB

20 + year membership
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

It doesn't matter anymore, its all encrypted.
May I politely ask that this thread be put down? Pretty please??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.