Ham activity in GA and NC for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moto_user

Just curious for those in GA and NC (or those who frequently travel through) how activity is in your area, whether it be simplex or repeaters. I'm going to be traveling up to Atlanta, Stone Mountain, and Sylva, NC and was wondering if there is any decent simplex traffic along the interstate or should I bring an 11meter in the truck with me? Not trying to start a debate on Ham vs CB, just wondering which will be better for activity in the area. I know cell service gets kinda intermittent in the mountains. Thanks

TheSpaceMann

Just curious for those in GA and NC (or those who frequently travel through) how activity is in your area, whether it be simplex or repeaters. I'm going to be traveling up to Atlanta, Stone Mountain, and Sylva, NC and was wondering if there is any decent simplex traffic along the interstate or should I bring an 11meter in the truck with me? Not trying to start a debate on Ham vs CB, just wondering which will be better for activity in the area. I know cell service gets kinda intermittent in the mountains. Thanks
I'd bring both Ham and CB gear. Quite a bit of CB activity still in that region.

Status
Not open for further replies.