HAM DMR on TRX-1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clovisb31

Hello all,

I'm 2 weeks into my new TRX-1. I have programmed scanlists and manually tuned in frequencies. It's working great.
But I wanted to monitor my local HAM DMR repeater so I just entered it into the scanner using the "Tune Mode". It comes up with Tag 1 Color 1 on the screen and the audio is only foreign language Ham's talking. No English speaking conversations are heard. Is there a way to change the Tag numbers or talk group? maybe I just don't understand the DMR mode yet, but I thought that if you parked the scanner on a frequency , it would decode DMR in whatever "talk group" it hears, English, Spanish, or whatever language is being used on the repeater.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You need to add a wildcard or specify the TG you want to hear. Also, if it is a different Slot or Color Code you need to use ANY for those.

clovisb31

How do you add a wildcard, specify the TG or change the Slot number in Tune Mode? I just have it parked on a UHF frequency in the Ham band . on the output of the local DMR repeater. It's not a trunked system or scanlist.
Thanks

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
TUNE MODE should play whatever it's hearing.

I've never used that feature on the scanner in the past 2+ years, sorry. I'll have to play with it. Is it possible that's the only traffic on the repeater/frequency?

budevans

How do you add a wildcard, specify the TG or change the Slot number in Tune Mode? I just have it parked on a UHF frequency in the Ham band . on the output of the local DMR repeater. It's not a trunked system or scanlist.
Thanks
Using EzScan go to the Trunk Radio Systems tab and create a system. You can then enter your TG and the Site (repeater) Frequency, CC and set the system type as DMR. You can also add a Talk Group Wild Card and a Private Wild Card.

I've done this to monitor Brandmeister and DMR-MARC repeaters.

clovisb31

TUNE MODE should play whatever it's hearing.

I've never used that feature on the scanner in the past 2+ years, sorry. I'll have to play with it. Is it possible that's the only traffic on the repeater/frequency?

Well, apparently that was the only traffic on the repeater. I monitored for over an hour before I heard an English language transmission...finally.
For nearly a week I never heard any English transmissions. Must not be much local area traffic on DMR here.
So, It does play whatever it hears in tune mode.
Now I will have to see what TG's are used and program it in it's own system as suggested by budevans.
At least now I know that I can monitor DMR on the fly, out of Tune Mode.
Thanks for all the help guy's !

Status
Not open for further replies.