Ham it up; explain what I'm doing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just about at my wit's end with this thing. Here's what I've got. Antenna connected. It's powered up. The RTL2832U dongle is connected to it. The toggle switch is set to "upconvert". I followed the instructions on their website and have it set to an offset of -125mhz(I have version 1.2). When I tune to a common frequency like 5mhz I don't hear anything at all. In fact I hear nothing at all on any HF frequency I try.

What am I doing wrong?

Last edited:
Alright, I figured it out and I'm almost embarrassed to admit what I was doing wrong. I didn't have the 125mhz oscillator installed! For some reason I overlooked that and it was jammed down in the bottom of the package the converter was shipped in.

I'm now picking up all kinds of HF broadcasts. Pretty cool

JohnBreen

Ya know Bob, I will bet that you and I are not the only ones who have done that. I had to go find a photo on the Internet to see what what was the right way for it to go into the socket. Note that in the recent thread regarding cases for the down-converter there is a photo of the card installed in the acryllic case with akll the screws tightened........without the oscillator installed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.