Ham License

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhockey86

Can any hams out there direct me where and how to take the test for the technican license? (st. louis area)
Bought a new icom icv8000...cant wait to transmit on it...

Last edited:

K0AZV

muhockey86 said:
Can any hams out there direct me where and how to take the test for the technican license? (st. louis area)
Bought a new icom icv8000...cant wait to transmit on it...

Every Tuesday night (with some exceptions) there is a group that administers tests at the Cliff Cave Branch of the St. Louis County Library.

25-Jul-2006
Sponsor: CLIFF CAVE VE TEAM
Time: 7:00 PM (Walk-ins allowed)
(314)487-4431
Email: AB0SX@HOTMAIL.COM
VEC: ARRL/VEC
5430 TELEGRAPH RD
DOORS OPEN AT 6:00 PM
CALL AHEAD WHEN POSSIBLE!
OAKVILLE/SAINT LOUIS, MO 63129

You'll need $14 for the VE testing fee and will need to fill out the paperwork. If you pass the test your callsign will appear in the FCC's database in about 3 or 4 days with the paper copy appearing in your mailbox about a week later.

If haven't taken any of the online practice tests I would encourage you to do so. qrz.com, eham.com, aa9pw.com, and hamtestonline.com are great places to do that.

Good luck and hope to hear you on the air soon.

Max...

trace1

K0AZV said:
If haven't taken any of the online practice tests I would encourage you to do so. qrz.com, eham.com, aa9pw.com, and hamtestonline.com are great places to do that.

I used HamTestOnLine and it was great, the other listed are good also, I just like the way it shows your progression with each practice exam taken.

KM5LZ

Tech. License

If you have not yet checked out the ARRL web page it is also a great place to get the information you are looking for. Good luck with the test and have fun with it when you have it. There address is

http://www.arrl.org

KM5LZ

Status
Not open for further replies.