Ham Radio Addresses Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

Never drive home the same way twice either because that guy you just worked on the repeater may have designs on snatching your HT. Gotta watch those mirrors!

pasadenamd

Perhaps these people aren't worried about actively pissing people off. Maybe they're worried about someone misinterpreting something. Maybe they're just a bit concerned about advertising their home as being well-stocked with radio gear and other electronics.

Me personally, it's a mixture of all the above so I do utilize a PO box. Additionally, any ham radio stores or other junk mailers get my PO box address, which I never check. So there's a little less junk mail to sort through from my home mailbox.

If you think using a PO box for your FCC address is paranoid, does that mean it's paranoid to shred financial documents? Credit cards/credit card offers? Bills? Old checks? What about locking your door at night or when you leave the house? Locking your car door? Putting your car in the garage? Utilizing a safe deposit box at a bank?

If these people want to take additional steps to secure their lives, identity, and property, so be it. It's their decision. It's not a stupid decision to add layers of protection. This is coming from a person that has had his identity stolen. It's a new world we live in now, and you'll say that it won't happen to you until it does. People have a variety of reasons for wanting to protect themselves.

I totally agree with you.

reedeb

Never worried about folks knowing my address, nor where I live, what I drive, or my name!!. They want my gear they'll have to get by 3 dogs [2 huge] and me and what's in my hand. I never had call plates BUT have had my call sign on a sticker on the back of my vehicle. I am NOT ashamed of my call sign!!

k9rzz

So, nobody can tell that you've got electronics in your home by looking at your satellite dish(s), tower, or scanner antennas mounted outside? Got an outside pool? Drive a nice car? They know you've got good stuff.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
So, nobody can tell that you've got electronics in your home by looking at your satellite dish(s), tower, or scanner antennas mounted outside? Got an outside pool? Drive a nice car? They know you've got good stuff.

Actually, no, if you must ask. I live in an apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.