TRX-2: Ham Radio DMR on TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarvalho

This is not a question nor a complaint.
I wanted to say, I was able to add over 55K Radio IDs with callsign and first name alpha tags (worldwide DMR ham IDs) importing from a csv file into EZ scan.
Pushed it to my TRX-2 and works beautifully without a hitch.
I thought trying to import so many Radio IDs would either slowdown or crash Ez Scan or even slowdown the TRX-2. Not at all.
I had crashing issues and lack of memory with Sentinel and ARC536Pro with my BCD536HP.
Thanks Whistler for having a solid piece of software! (and scanner).

Swipesy

Gosh and I thought my 12,000 programmed RID's on my PSR-800 was large, lol. However, I have notice a marked slowdown in EZScan loading on my PC since additing the RID's.

ecarvalho

Gosh and I thought my 12,000 programmed RID's on my PSR-800 was large, lol. However, I have notice a marked slowdown in EZScan loading on my PC since additing the RID's.

55k is worldwide
Haven't seen a slowdown here so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ecarvalho

No problem. Here it is:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5kokua4tsy5grcy/AADpkNfASWu1r5TJql3ZMHEia?dl=0

I have created a column for DMR IDs, other for callsign, other for name and another for both callsign and name together which is the one I made "alpha tag" when importing. The last column is a number 6 which represents my scanlist 6. If your DMR HAM repeaters scanlist is for example, 4 then change it all to 4 (before importing to EZ-Scan).

73s

jimvm

TRX-2 DMR tags

I keep getting 'no frequency' error.

I have 10 ham DMR single frequency repeaters in scanlist 6.

Maybe just a little more information would be nice.

73 jim vm

yeg_scan

I uploaded the whole DMR database of users with no issues into EZScan. It is currently about 66,000 plus entries.

jimvm

Ham DMR repeaters as Conventional vs Trunked

I noticed in your uTube video that you have the DMR as Trunked.
Wonder if there is a way to do it as a conventional DMR single frequency repeater.

I have 12 ham repeaters as conventional DMR all in scanlist 6.
Everything works OK, the bottom of the display alternates between TG + CC, and RadioID as numbers.
Would like to have the RadioID display as callsign using the 66,000 entries CSV file.

When I try to import I get 'no frequency column' defined error and import cancelled.
I even set the squelch column as radioID vs TGRP.

Any ideas or will I have to use the ham, single frequency, DMR repeaters as a Trunked ?

jim vm

Still new to this DMR stuff.

yeg_scan

You want to do it as Trunked. You can set your frequency in the site, and then .. once that is done, you can add your radio id data into the Radio Id Details tab. You only need the id (RID) and Alpha Tag data columns.

Status
Not open for further replies.