Ham radio frequencies for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Might I suggest a
:Dsticky here in state forum reguarding the submition of ham freqs

(Output - Input - License - Type - Tone Out - Tone In - Alpha Tag - Description - Mode - Tag)

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Well I was hoping our Mods would make a sticky requesting Ham radio data for the DB
with this data (below) in spread sheet format.

there are seveal threads in the general forum about this

Output - Input - License - Type - Tone Out - Tone In - Alpha Tag - Description - Mode

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
For those of you unaware, RadioReference.com will now accept any amateur radio repeaters for entry into the database. Previously, we only accepted Skywarn, ARES and RACES repeaters. For now, we are guided to work the repeater into the county page where the repeater physically sits, so when sending these in, please send them in through the county where it is. Thanks for everyone's continued support!

http://forums.radioreference.com/co...w-features-enhancements-september-2011-a.html

When submitting amateur radio repeater information, please include all of the following information:

Output frequency
Input frequency
Input PL tone (if applicable)
Output PL tone (if applicable)
Repeater call sign (if known)
Physical location (if known)

No order in particular is needed (but do let me know what is what somehow), but this will relieve the burden on your friendly database administrator who doesn't want to get out the calculator and constantly figure out repeater offsets or guess whether or not the PL tone is on the output as well as the input. :)

Last edited:

nathancarlson

That would be really good! Also, possibly include the usage (in the description or seperate) like IRLP, Private Club, linked to other club repeaters, ect?. That would be a great addition to this site so I can do one stop shopping and not have to reference so many other sites. (this is my homepage).

wise871

Database Admin
Remember that what is put into the description is also transferred over to the newer scanner like the HP-1, GRE-800, etc. If you add too much information it will be cluttered on the displays. The description should be simple and to the point to describe the frequency. Good example for Ham Repeater would be (My County Amateur Radio Club). Many repeaters belong to a club so putting that information in the description works best. Sure we could add echo link nodes, etc but then you start cluttering things up. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

nathancarlson

That makes sense to avoid the clutter in the alpha tag. Perhaps a wiki page rather than having so much info in the database would be a better option. Its just sometimes hard for me as a brand new ham to find all the info I need so I guess I was being kind of selfish in my suggestion. It probably wouldn't matter to someone who is using the info for scanner purposes and not actually programming a ham radio. Its nice to know what you are listening to, though. I'm sure they will come up with a happy medium.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm inclined to work as much as I can into the description, which is limited in space on the radio anyway. At least then you can see what attributes the frequency has at a glance instead of looking two places for essentially the same information.

...and see my post at the top of this thread for some information we'd like to see in submissions so that we can get these worked in more quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.