Ham Radio Go-Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stupidfatkid

Did you have to buy any extra racks for that case? or did you use what came with the original purchase?
Gary

The Gator case I order didn't come with any rack shelves. I order three shelves total. Two Raxxess 10" shelfs and one 6" shelf. The radios are mounted on the Raxxess shelves and the duplexer and RIGrunner are mounted on the 6" shelf. The nice thing about the 6" shelf is it leaves enough of a gap to route cables under the lower shelves (between the front and back shelf). Makes for a clean install. I can't find a link for the 6" shelf. Link to the Raxxess shelves are below.

Amazon.com : Raxxess RAX Unitray Universal Rack Tray UNS1 : Sound Component Rack Accessories : Musical Instruments

Stupidfatkid

Stupidfatkid

Looks good.

I'd be concerned about transmitting with that mag mount in the window that doesn't have a ground plane and is so close to the equipment.... but the box looks great!

I setup the Go-Box for transmit last weekend. I thought about taking a picture after it was already dark, but you can kind-of make out the tripod and the Cushcraft dual band (VHF/UHF) antenna. Of course it's all temporary but it works okay.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 1,014

mancow

Database Admin
Did you take the dipole down?

If you will be there the rest of the weekend we should try the Vhf machine again. I have to work nights but will be around in the evenings.

Stupidfatkid

Did you take the dipole down?

If you will be there the rest of the weekend we should try the Vhf machine again. I have to work nights but will be around in the evenings.

Dipole is still up. I haven't been out there since the weekend you came out.

Stupidfatkid

Is it collapsible and able to be transported?

Looks nice.

It's able to be transported. The tripod is constructed of 4' aluminum poles. You can find them on EBay. Everything fits in a big bag when transported. Not my pic but this setup is similar to mine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 2,027
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.