Ham Radio Install in 2004 Jeep Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiowave15

Nice - thanks for sharing.

Can you tell me what mount is holding up your Pro-97? Homemade or purchase somewhere?

Thanks for taking a look. The mount for the scanner was actually a homebrew thing. It was the same suction cup that is holding up the HF radio in the video and I just built a little block/bracket for the back of it. These Panavise suction cups on eBay for about $25.00 are tremendously strong. They are pretty adaptable too for these kinds of projects.

Dan

benasdf

Thanks Dan....I really like it b/c is clean and simple (no huge grippy things around it like some sort of robotic hand). Would you mind posting some pictures of it close-up and maybe show how the Pro-97 connects?

thanks again!

ScannaMan9

That kenwood (above temp/troll) looks factory!!!!!!!!!!!

l like your idea, handheld cobra cb!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

radiowave15

Thanks Dan....I really like it b/c is clean and simple (no huge grippy things around it like some sort of robotic hand). Would you mind posting some pictures of it close-up and maybe show how the Pro-97 connects?

thanks again!

It's really just a block of wood screwed to the clip and then bolted to the suction cup mount. I'll try to take a picture and post it although the suction cup mount is now holding the 10 meter rig. I agree though, it's simple and easy. That design took about four minutes one day. Sometimes the quick and easy solutions are best.

And, wow, that's a lot of stuff in that Libby!.

Dan

radiowave15

Picture as requested

It's really just a block of wood screwed to the clip and then bolted to the suction cup mount. I'll try to take a picture and post it although the suction cup mount is now holding the 10 meter rig. I agree though, it's simple and easy. That design took about four minutes one day. Sometimes the quick and easy solutions are best.

And, wow, that's a lot of stuff in that Libby!.

Dan

Here's the little mount for the Pro-97.

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/af71/lazerworks/ScannerBlock001.jpg

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.