Ham Radio License Course

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the short notice.. Just got the flyer today. We are putting on a Technician level course for a few firefighters and decided to invite the public to join - G
The Big Thunder Amateur Radio Club (BTARC) is pleased to offer a technician class license course for those interested in earning a ham radio license. This entry level license is your start to an exciting and challenging hobby. Where you take this hobby is up to you.

Classes will be held at Boone County Fire Protection District 2, 1777 Henry Luckow Ln. Belvidere from 7pm through 10pm Tuesday evenings April 1st through May 6th. Our course schedule is tailored to emergency responders with flexibility to accommodate call-outs.

Please contact Joseph Moore at joseph.moore "@" comcast.net or 608- "208" -0630 to register for the course.

Course material is “The ARRL Ham Radio License Manual” ISBN: 978-0-87259-097-7 which is available via the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) directly or through the course instructor at a discounted price.

If you are interested in purchasing the course materials through the instructors, please contact Jim Holich at (260) 433 "–" 0219 or Joseph Moore at 608- "208" -0630

Best wishes from the members of the Big Thunder Amateur Radio Club. Big Thunder ARC

Last edited:

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
7 students total. 6 new hams. 5 tech, 1 general. #7 couldn't make the test due to other job related training.

No bits were harmed in the posting of this message.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I'm working to arrange one right now.. When we firm up the whens, and where's I'll PM you.

It will most likely be in Belvidere, but the exact where is yet to be found..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
If you decide to go it yourself you can get the second edition depending on your confidence/comprehension level. That book expires June 30. The problem will be finding a testing session.

I'm having trouble contacting the person who asked for a class. But would be glad to help you through as an Elmer.

No bits were harmed in the posting of this message.

WX9RLT

Ham, Scanners, GMRS
Thanks.

I ended up getting my technician yesterday. I passed on Saturday and got my callsign yesterday :)

I am now KD9BIK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.