ham radio near Sherman County

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC9ICE

I will be traveling to Loup City in Sherman County to visit family soon and already have the county frequency on which i believe all local police, fire, and ems operate. i was wondering if anyone could tell me if there are any nearby ham or gmrs repeaters. I'm going to have my dual-band mobile and my ht and would like to play some ham radio while i am there. i am a trained severe weather spotter and not that i necessarily expect any storms but if anyone knows what the local or nearby EMA/ESDA/SKYWARN(s) run on i'd appreciate it also. thanks for any help.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, there are not many ham repeaters around Loup City. These are the ones that will be the closest and have the best coverage around Loup City:

147.240+ This repeater is located near Elba. The repeater has good coverage, and is linked to the 146.940- repeater in Grand Island.
145.235- This repeater is located north of Kearney.
147.315+ This repeater is located near Kearney.

These repeaters will be difficult to hit in Loup City as the town sits very low. You will have ok coverage on outside of town when you are a little higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.