ham radio repeater freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

Will be traveling through the area in June via I71 to I65 and am looking for some active repeaters to keep me company on the way. I will have 2m radio only.
Thanks in advance

N4RWM

carrolton is the only major city. The repeater there will get you almost to Covington , Covington repeater will get you almost to Carrolton. Likewise for any of the half dozen repeaters in Louisville. I have an HT on my motorcycle and can get 100% coverage from Cincinnati to Louisvilee, and Elizabethtown,

SlGlNT

I travel frequently and have found the best resource to find active ham frequencies is to search the band. Repeaters are great, but some Hams choose simplex for local contacts. Searching is also your best bet for finding new repeaters that haven't been advertised much. Just last night, while traveling from TN to Lexington via I75, I stumbled on a new repeater located in Knoxville, TN and listened to it for over 75 miles into KY. The repeater wasn't listed in my 2008-2009 ARRL Repeater Directory.

Also try these websites:
http://www.ky4ky.com/
http://www.kyham.net/

K9GTJ

I decided to bring back an old thread for my request. I am going fron Cinncinatti to Knoxville on the Interstate and would like some repeaters listngs as well.

pddispatcher

The 146.640 machine in Campbellsville will take you from Louisville to Bowling Green. 146.980 is in Elizabethtown.

Also 147.255 is linked to .640 that will get ya take care of areas you can't get into Campbellsville repeater.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Why don't you just program in all the repeater pairs available in the 2m band? This way no matter where you go, you should be able to 'hear' if a repeater is on the air or not. Then if need be, you can scan for the PL or DPL and then be able to use it. Do the same with simplex so that you can hear if there are any local comms.

SCPD

QRT
Ham RadioWebiste

WEll, I think this is a good thread to post this question.
I've lost track of a ham club website for the area around McCreary Co. KY, and Scott County, TN.
The website listed a club roster of hams near US-27 north and south of the Ky/TN border. And they showed a 2M repeater in Onieda, TN. (It may be Oneida, I can never remember).
Can anyone help me remember what the name of that club was, and direct me to the website again?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if there is an Ohio and WV site like this one?
Thanks

How about posting a thread in the Ohio and West Virginia Forums asking this question instead of the Kentucky forum?
And since the original poster received the answer they were looking for I am going to close this thread. Great help given by many posters above!
Thanks!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.