Ham Radio Service ..... (IC-745)

Status
Not open for further replies.

davecason

Hi All,

My IC-745 that was putting out 100 watts now seem to be defective and only putting out about 10 watts.

Can anyone out there recommend a place to have it serviced !!?

Cheers'
Dave Cason
VE6DED

eaf1956

Feed Provider
Hi All,

My IC-745 that was putting out 100 watts now seem to be defective and only putting out about 10 watts.

Can anyone out there recommend a place to have it serviced !!?

Cheers'
Dave Cason
VE6DED

I send all my ICOMs to MATT in Michigan. He is on the ICOM repair facility list.

cabletech

Since you are in Canada, contact and or send to them.

Service Dept.
ICOM CANADA
Glenwood Centre 150-6165 Hwy 17A
Delta, BC V4K 5B8

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Did you speak with NTF? Have you checked your SWR? Have you checked your antenna to see if it wasn't damaged by the snow? Faily those, the above post has the ICOM Canada address.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Did you speak with NTF? Have you checked your SWR? Have you checked your antenna to see if it wasn't damaged by the snow? Faily those, the above post has the ICOM Canada address.

I agree since this radio is new enough to almost certainly have power foldback circuitry. It will transmit less power into a high SWR and that's a feature to protect the finals. Make sure your antenna is showing an SWR under 1.5 or so. Or run the transceiver into a dummy load and see if it's still putting out only 10 watts.

Antennas are generally out in the elements and thus rather prone to failure and degradation. Given only what we know then I would say that offhand a problem with the antenna is more likely than a problem with the radio. More important it's easy to check and see before you spend money repairing a radio that might not need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.