Ham radio submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Please check your Amateur Radio submissions....there have been a few recently where the call sign comes up "No Information Found"...

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Where are the admins looking? Are they looking on the callsign lookups on places like eHam, QRZ and others? Or are they depending on some other source? At least so far, the callsign lookup function on RR doesn't recognize hams, at least the few that I tried. Heck my callsign isn't even found on QRZ, strangely enough...best regards...Mike

Last edited:

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
Good question....of the two Carroll County submissions, N3KCS is findable in the FCC ULS (about to expire, though)...K3PZO came up "No matches found"...

ka8ypy

Where are the admins looking? Are they looking on the callsign lookups on places like eHam, QRZ and others? Or are they depending on some other source? At least so far, the callsign lookup function on RR doesn't recognize hams, at least the few that I tried. Heck my callsign isn't even found on QRZ, strangely enough...best regards...Mike

Mike,

You will find that a lot, QRZ has a tendancy to not be complete, for several reasons (one of them personal), as I know several hams that aren't listed because of a difference of opinions/views between the amateur and DB owner at QRZ.

Spleen

Premium Subscriber
I never got my ticket, but by word-of-mouth have heard of the QRZ vs. the World (or hams vs. QRZ?) issues, and stopped using that as a lookup source. Since the FCC ULS site is fairly navigable if you have broadband internet access, I always try to check there next if something comes up blank...

Next time I have a few minutes to kill I'll re-research those calls to see if the discrepancies were administrative or were a result of someone's chair-to-keyboard interface. If they're still bad according to the FCC, I'll follow through....

Status
Not open for further replies.