Ham Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

How come there are no ham repeaters listed in the database.,. I am sure you can get someone to update that data in the system.. Please add it..

Thanks
Brett

stevelton

Someone has to send in the information for it to be on the database.
I know for my county, there is 1 ham repeater, and it is listed right next to the county EMA frequency.
So if you have a repeater that you know of, send it in and it will probably get listed.
Steven

mciupa

Database Admin
How come there are no ham repeaters listed in the database.,. I am sure you can get someone to update that data in the system.. Please add it..

Thanks
Brett

I thought the idea was only to list Skywarn and the like ,and not every rag-chewing freq. known to man. :confused:

brusso99

I would like to download the entire list into arc-xt this is what i pay membership for.. how do we get moving on getting this entire list into the database?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
I thought the idea was only to list Skywarn and the like ,and not every rag-chewing freq. known to man. :confused:

That is correct

Only "Emergency Service" type repeaters get in the DB... The info gets submitted all the time.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Repeater Listings from the FRC Database

this is an upto date list of all the repeaters in florida.. who do i send it to?

You don't send that list to any RR admin. Nobody wants to go through that list to pick out specific Skywarn/ARES/RACES repeaters (if that list even designates those that are vs those that aren't). That list also appears to be at leaset a year old.

If you want a comprehensive list of Florida repeaters in your scanner, you're simply going to have to let your fingers do the walking and add tha tlist into your ARC-XT all by yourself.

Your membership pays for certain extra conveniences and the ability to access existing data that is in the database and to download that data via a program that supports it. Your membership does not pay for anybody to look at, scrutinize, sanitize and enter the specific data that you want, when you want, even when it doesnt' meet the criteria for entry into the DB.

Mike

brusso99

Ill disregard your answer and attitude Mike..

What i would like to see is a list of Amateur repeaters "any and all" that i can download into my scanner/radio and use when i travel.. this is a legitimate request..

who can make this happen?

mciupa

Database Admin

Perhaps you can.

All it would take is some searching,bookmarking, copying on your part.
If you're not inclined to do that, then visit some dedicated Ham forums,maybe some "total" repeater database zipped files exist already.

If all else fails, use Close Call or the Search feature of your scanner while travelling.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

What i would like to see is a list of Amateur repeaters "any and all" that i can download into my scanner/radio and use when i travel.. this is a legitimate request..

This has been talk about over and over and over and over and over.
The ONLY ham repeaters listed in or allowed in the database are skywarn, ARES and such. You can look in forums some states have a sticky for ham repeaters.

justintime

Maybe this is what your looking for? Kind of.

Brett,

In regard to why there aren't "rag-chew repeaters" in the database. My take is this. It would be next to impossible to keep it up to date. This is an extremely difficult task just locally. So many hams come and go and take down and put up repeaters all the time. Also there are several fairly good and accurate repeater listings already out there filling this purpose. This includes the ARRL Repeater Directory and the ARRL TravelPlus CD. I don't own either and never have, but they are supposed to have pretty much any and all ham repeaters for the entire country. It also tells you if they're closed or open, PLs, operating modes(P25, Echolink, IRLP, DSTAR, etc.), pretty much anything you'd want to know. As to them being up to date I don't know, but they put out a new one every year. Also locally talk to your local hams and I'm sure they'd be glad to help you out. As far as Florida goes a quick google search found this. Take a look and maybe it will help you out. And depending on what programming software you're using a quick copy and paste would get you set up. The first file is VHF and the second is UHF.

On top of all of the above. If you didn't notice this page about submissions here it is.

RR Database Submission Guidelines

We the staff at RadioReference.com would like for you to take a minute to read the following rules regarding the submission of material to our Web site. These guidelines are intended to not only facilitate the proper handling your information, but to do so in a manner that is easy for the administrators to enter into the database. Please kindly adhere to these guidelines.

We are interested in the following information that you have personally gathered, either on your own or as a group:

Any conventional radio system data used by the following entities:

Public safety agencies

* Police
* Fire
* EMS
* Emergency Management
* Local government agencies
* Homeland Security

Transportation carriers

* Aircraft
* Airports
* Railroads (passenger, freight, and tourist based operations)

Public attractions

* Amusement parks
* Theme parks
* Public parks

Business radio

* Dedicated business land mobile radio services
* Shopping malls
* Do not send Fast Food, or common use channels (MURS, GMRS, etc.)

Amateur Radio

* A.R.E.S. frequencies and repeaters used for emergency and Skywarn Nets only!
* R.A.C.E.S. frequencies and repeaters used for Emergency Mgmt. and Homeland Security Nets only!

Any confirmed trunked radio system data and talkgroups used by the following entities:

* Public Safety
* Military & Federal systems
* Local Government
* Business
* Industry
* Transportation
* Private SMR Systems
* Tourist or theme parks.

Attachments

• 144proof.pdf
    63.4 KB · Views: 518
  • 440proof.pdf
    61.6 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014

You can disregard Mike if you like, but he provided you with the answer that is correct. We do not list "Ham" repeaters unless they are Skywarn, RACES or ARES repeaters. So, in response to your incorrect assumption that the DB Admins are here to "snap to" at your orders, what you want is not going to happen. This is not a Ham specific site, there are plenty of them on the Internet, I would suggest that you go to one of them to find your information and take the time to make your own list for your scanner.

reedeb

I carry a Repeater Directory from ARRL. May not be Hi Tech, BUT it works for me.

Last edited:

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
brusso99 said:
I would like to download the entire list into arc-xt this is what i pay membership for.. how do we get moving on getting this entire list into the database?

Its already in your scanner.... I'll bet your scanner does service searches and the ham bands are included

elk2370bruce

Simple! Don't renew your subscription if you don't like the rules. Don't let them swinging doors hit you on the way out.

hcpholder

Premium Subscriber
I'm a new "ham", and I had wondered about the same thing for awhile, but it is almost impossible to keep up with the repeater changes. Even though I'm a member of ARRL, and have purchased the repeater directory publication, it is never totally up to date. It can't be. When I get ready to travel I usually "post" it to a thread in the area where I'm going, and I have always gotten a positive response from an amateur in that area, even if it was a PM. I also use my scanner BIG TIME in the 2m/70cm bands. It will always find something local wherever you are. And it will even show you the "CORRECT" PL tones. 73's

DickH

There must be a Ham group with a list. Just cut and paste it into your program.

davidgcet

Premium Subscriber
because the thread is over a year old and the OP did not renew his sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.