HAM radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean8402

I was wondering if anybody could tell me who i could get in contact with in terre haute or where i have to go to get my ham license, and if theres any local radio dealers who sell ham equipment. I'm wanting to get started in ham and I'm not sure where to begin.

z96cobra

Go to www.arrl.org and look near the top of the page where there are search boxes. To the left of the boxes there are links to classes and exams (you'll enter your area and it will show the dates/times). When I started a few years back, I bought the book "Now You're Talking" and studied it. Then, before I got around to taking the test, it got put on the back burner. So, last year I bought the latest version of the book and this spring I got my "ticket". I've been licensed since April, and still haven't talked to any one! I've been on my local FD and EMS for over 10 years, and have had radios (mobile and protable) all those years, and I only really talk to my Fire/EMS buddies. One of these days I make my "first" contact.

Roger

KI6CPL

If you have Itunes on your computer search the podcasts for HAM radio. There is a series of HAM radio class podcasts that I used to help study for my ticket. They follow along with the "Now you're talking" book and were pretty helpful. I listenened to the review casts in the car on the way to take the test.
Good Luck!
Cheers
Norm -- KI6CPL

Status
Not open for further replies.