HAM Repeaters, Knoxville Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
So I've recently received my ham ticket, and I've bought a dual band portable, though it seems as though I am having trouble finding repeater systems in my area.

Not that I am not able to punch in numbers, but I would rather not trample over someone's repeater system if they wish for it to be private.

Really what I'm asking is for someone who knows a good portion of the repeaters of knox county, could you update RR's website? They currently list zero.

Many thanks.

jim202

So I've recently received my ham ticket, and I've bought a dual band portable, though it seems as though I am having trouble finding repeater systems in my area.

Not that I am not able to punch in numbers, but I would rather not trample over someone's repeater system if they wish for it to be private.

Really what I'm asking is for someone who knows a good portion of the repeaters of knox county, could you update RR's website? They currently list zero.

Many thanks.

I have found this site to have reasonably decent information on repeaters around the country. Bear in mind that not all the repeater input tones are given. It doesn't matter who what or where you find a database, the tone (PL) required to gain access to many of the repeaters is missing. Your best bet is to locate a repeater, get the owner info and then do a search to find a web site that just may provide you with the missing info.

K1IW Amateur Radio Repeater and Broadcast Transmitter Database Websearch

n4yek

Last edited:

n4yek

Had not seen this one before! Good site. I use a handheld scanner all the time, and 99% of the time you can find the tone with it, if your scanner shows this info!

That site is ok, but it doesn't show you the true location of the repeaters. It shows you the address to the repeater's callsign holder. Some of the east TN repeaters are in locations 20 to 30 or even more miles away from the owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.