Ham & Scanner Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
Those pictures brings back memories of my shack before I got a divorc. Now not much room in a Apartment.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
kb9hgi said:
Those pictures brings back memories of my shack before I got a divorc. Now not much room in a Apartment.

Hey, I lived in an apartment for over five years, and did all kinds of hamming on several bands. Don't sell yourself short - tons of ideas for inside and covert antennas are out there. I've been through the divorce thing myself; fortunately, my new bride likes the hobby, and even has scanners in her car and in the kitchen (the Lumina pics were her car). I even offered a radio for her mom to keep up on the latest happenings in the neighborhood!

scanner231

cant everyone just have fun its a hobby for crying out loud if you dont like his setup dont look at it.... nice setup k9wss

policeMonitor

K9WSS said:
Here's one for right now. The goofy-looking "Christmas Tree" antenna on the trunk lid is a Diamond D-220 Mobile Discone Scanner antenna. It works wonders when I hook my BCD396T to in close-call mode.

that 102inch whip looks awsome on that vie

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
More Shack Pics

I got a Canon Power Shot SD630 Digital Elph for Christmas, and decided to do some fooling around with it. The pics (below) were taken in darkness with all the lights off in the room (except for dial and indicator lights on the radios). I was amazed how well they turned out!

Last edited:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
New Pics Coming

Just going through a bunch of pics of my newly acquired 2001 dark blue CVPI that I purchased from an automobile dealership in Florida.

I'm a retired law enforcement officer, and currently work for a radio shop in suburban Chicago. We sell Motorola, Kenwood and Vertex radios, plus CODE 3 / PSE Amber warning lights. My install is also a demo vehicle we're going to use for examples of certain set-up's for lighting purposes. So before everyone hops on the "whacker" bandwagon, please read this paragraph over once again. Thank you for your cooperation.

Pictures will follow shortly.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Xt3k

Astro25 said:
Will, how is that XTS3000 doing? Hopefully it's working good for ya!!!

It's excellent! I had it all fine-tuned by a Motorola expert; it was way off freq. and the settings, most likely from the factory were off, too.

Works like a million bux now!

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
My Dark Blue 2001 CVPI

OK, here we go!

From the top: Yaesu FT-857D ham rig (covers 80 meters all the way to and including 70 cm - 440 mhz), Code 3 air horn - PA - light controls, arrow-stik control, Motorola M1225 UHF radio, Motorola CM300 VHF radio, Uniden BCT-15. Arm rest, then a 2 set cup holder is last (visible in subsequent pics).

Last edited:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
2001 CVPI Pics (cont'd)

A few more pics of the install; tri-cigarette lighter sockets, speakers for the radios, and a few more of the lighting system.

As I mentioned in my previous email, I am a Code 3 / PSE Amber dealer & distributor, and use my car for business purposes.

Last edited:

Ch1ronTL34

Sweet setup! Where did you get that center console? Looks like it would fit well in my 2000 CVPI

Status
Not open for further replies.