Ham & Scanner Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Ch1ronTL34 said:
Sweet setup! Where did you get that center console? Looks like it would fit well in my 2000 CVPI

I ordered it from my vendor, jottodesk.com. It's a model "Lazy-L," designed for the "newer" style Crown Vic Police Interceptors, i.e., 1998 & newer. Model 425-6232, or 6234. Contact www.jottodesk.com

Last edited:

bezking

Holy Moley! That's a LOT OF rados! Why didn't you enter the shack contest? And they are ALL god-awfully professional. Great Jobs!!!

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Only got the car back from the installer last Sunday (9-9-07).

Home shack also transformed after acquisition of new(er) radio, antenna tuner, & additional antenna.

Will post those soon. Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

SonicN

Verry nice install, both in the car, and home! Impressive!

Last edited:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
JohnnyGalaga said:

Gee, that's the initial of my first name. Some of my friends call me "W." So thank you for bringing that to the group's attention.

For all those who have nothing better to do than say what they say, I believe they're jealous. If they'd like to stop by my shop, I would love to speak with them in person, but I seriously doubt that would ever happen.

Thanks to all for the kind comments, public and private messages included. Oh, and I use my real name. I don't have to hide behind "handles," movie nick-names, and aliases.

This is my thread about my ham shack, vehicle, and equipment.

Here's a pic of me "on the job," which was taken around this time of the season, but in 1997.

Last edited:

Astro25

JohnnyGalaga -

If you're calling him, or trying to call him a "whacker", please don't. I've met Will in person before and he's an outstanding person to deal with and to just talk radio with. He's not a whacker.....

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
Will

Just Ignore Mr. Galaga he seems as if he has to make comments on everyones posts who may have a vehicle that has lights or radio's in it. We need a moderator to speak with him and let him know that hee needs to stop roasting people.

Oh by the way, Will I love your Set-Up in both your home shack and that Crown Vic. Best of luck with a new ventures and keep us up to date.

Nathan

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
JohnnyGalaga said:
Warning issued via PM, please read and comply.

To the others, when someone trolls it is best left ignored.

To the reporter, thanks for the offer, but we do have a few policies we follow. :wink:

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
kyguy said:
Sweet setup you have, home and auto !!

Hey, thanks again for the kind words.

I sold the 1994 today; Said good-bye to "an old friend," it gave me 9 years of great service. Here it is with my 2001:

Last edited:

Viper43

Just curious Will, but were a police officer in 95 there? If so we may have met dealing with an employee who got stopped (in his personal vehicle) and didn't have a license and I had to go there and pick up his satellite dishes and so on. If not you look just like the officer I dealt with that day.

V

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Viper43 said:
Just curious Will, but were a police officer in 95 there? If so we may have met dealing with an employee who got stopped (in his personal vehicle) and didn't have a license and I had to go there and pick up his satellite dishes and so on. If not you look just like the officer I dealt with that day.

V

Yes, I was there in 1995; I started in 1971, and retired in Sept. 2006.

The incident doesn't ring a bell, but I dealt with thousands of people, families, and businesses during my tenure there.

Here's a couple of my Bud's from the 1970's:

Last edited:

Viper43

yeah, you been there a while :)

Hmmm, well it may have been you then! It wasn't a good day I remember that as I was dealing with the guy that got stopped and in another county dealing with an installer who showed up at a house to repair a system and found the reciever full of roaches (bug & pot types). The family lived in trailer that had no doors and no windows and no heat. The kids were running around with no clothes on (including an 11 year old girl) and by the time I got done the kids were removed from the home and the parents locked up. The later incident is why I remember that day so well as after I left the traffic stop I had to go to this other place and remove the equipment. Just glad no one stopped me that day :)
BTW, I had a picture with those two in LA when I was 13....long ago! It was the the studio car.
V

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
pictures of your shack

when my wife complainsabout my base andtwo handhelds i show her this sight and then my "collection" is not so bad !! lol

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
randyf said:
when my wife complainsabout my base andtwo handhelds i show her this sight and then my "collection" is not so bad !! lol

Luckily, my wife (of just short of 3 years) is very supportive of my hobbies and interests. Although I can't convince her or my step-kids that getting their Ham Radio licenses would be a really good thing, they still enjoy listening to the radios while in my new car.

Last edited:

randyf

still trying to figure this all out
looks good

love the adam-12 photo use to watch the show years ago then tv land came a long , get to see all the old shows again, of course with my intrest in radiios i took notice of the police radio in the squad car from that show pretty bacic back then just a couple of toggle switches and a mike

Status
Not open for further replies.