Ham Test Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshg46

When are they ever going to start giving ham test online? I wouldn't mind getting mine and taking some storm spotter classes.

bezking

Never. You need to take the test in person, otherwise you might cheat and we don't want that! It's REALLY SUPER EASY. The FCC actually released all of the questions on the test, they are available free at QRZ.com. Do these practice tests every night for a week and you will have the tech exam in the bag.

jshg46

thanks for the tip, Now i need to find a place close to take it, Think my county only gives them during ham fest, 1 time a year.

n5ims

Many groups only hold scheduled testing sessions a few times each year, but many will be glad to hold a session when requested if made convenient for them (such as just prior to or just after a ham club meeting). Find a local club and ask around. They can help with specifics for your area where this global forum can only provide generic answers (especially if you don't provide your location, etc. to help us out).

K8TEK

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The test is easy enough as it is, now you want to allow people to be able to take it online and be able to cheat? You don't need to be a ham to be a weather wacker!

jshg46

I was just asking, Heck if they made it a timed test it would be hard to cheat, say only give someone 10 or 15 sec's to answer the question. I dont know about you but I know I couldn't find any answer in a book in 10 sec's or so.

pm4hire

What's a solid ham tech reference book...

on Amazon there's several books for tech license,
but what is the best book?

Tom Welch
Mesa, AZ USA

canav844

on Amazon there's several books for tech license,
but what is the best book?

Tom Welch
Mesa, AZ USA
W5YI books are questions followed by brief explanations, ARRL books read like High School texts books, more concept based and more in depth information. I've got both for General and Extra and ARRL for the tech, W5YI is easier to read but you'll usually want the ore in depth info handy for when you get to a concept that's not as simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.