HamCo on IDPS S-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiGiTaLD

Interesting that they can roam over there. I wonder if that's a new thing. I don't have Hamilton County TGs in my subscriber but I've been way up in Hamilton County before and switched to the PSC-MA talkgroups, and it didn't affiliate with S3 but rather S1 despite the very low RSSI.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Interesting that they can roam over there. I wonder if that's a new thing. I don't have Hamilton County TGs in my subscriber but I've been way up in Hamilton County before and switched to the PSC-MA talkgroups, and it didn't affiliate with S3 but rather S1 despite the very low RSSI.
Strange.. Must be a non Fire/EMS radio. All of them have literally all the surrounding areas in them including lea primary dispatches and the IDPW main. I still want to take a peak at the new Law Template on the APXes. Big changes from the old ones in the XTSes from what I am told.

dfoutch

Premium Subscriber
I see Hamilton Co TG 10301, Fire EMS Dispatch today, on both Anderson & Pendleton SAFE-T. One Radio 2910452, Dispatch?.

bdub5

That one guy...
The affiliation with SYS1 by HamCo radios must be specific to Radio ID. I witnessed a Hancock Co radio in downtown Indy that would not affiliate with SYS1 on a 29 Fire Dispatch.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
The affiliation with SYS1 by HamCo radios must be specific to Radio ID. I witnessed a Hancock Co radio in downtown Indy that would not affiliate with SYS1 on a 29 Fire Dispatch.
Hancock County is NOT primarily part of the IDPSC family. They are primarily SAFE-T. They DO have a Zone of IFEMS which will kick onto S-1 if they switch to it in the Fire/EMS radios, and to S-3 for Hamilton County. Hamilton County IS part of the IDPSC family. Hancock LEA radios also have S-1 in the radios, especially since Cumberland is a dual county (Marion/Hancock) town.

bdub5

That one guy...
Hancock County is NOT primarily part of the IDPSC family.

Correct - they do not use IDPSC as their primary system but the radio was an authorized subscriber unit. This just confrims they are restricting the use either by RID or configuration.

clong998

Premium Subscriber
Did Hamilton County stop using the Fire Dispatch on 154.01000 ? I have not heard any fire runs in a couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.