Hamilton Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

boynblu

Hi all, I am new to the scanner world. I recently got my hands on a Uniden BCT 8 scanner. I am trying to play around with frequencies in the Hamilton area. Can anybody suggests a web site to get frequencies. Also does anybody know where I may be able to obtain the frequencies for McMaster University and the Hamilton Health Sciences sites.

Thanks,

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Welcome. This is the website.
I am moving to the area in 2 weeks.
You will find the info you desire and more in the data base. Click on Hamilton Co. and load away.
On the Yahoo side check out ScanOnt.
Eric

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
It's not much to offer but all I got is this http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&stid=109

Hope it helps?

How did you find this website forum?

boynblu said:
Hi all, I am new to the scanner world. I recently got my hands on a Uniden BCT 8 scanner. I am trying to play around with frequencies in the Hamilton area. Can anybody suggests a web site to get frequencies.
Thanks,

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Sometimes I think people forget that the main reason this site exists is because of the database.

Check the database and you'll find a few frequencies for McMaster.

boynblu

Thanks for the replys. I came across this website from word of mouth.

I did see the frequencies for Mcmaster in the database. I'm a little confused on programming them in. I am using the Butel software to program my BCT 8. With the software, you have to choose which type of system that the bank is going to be working on, but the listings for McMaster does not tell you what kind of system they are on, only lists the frequencies.

I know it must get kinda frustrating with some of the questions on here, but bare with me guys, still new and just trying to get the hang of things. Any help is much appreciated.

jellotor

As far as most of us know, there's no trunked radio system at Mac. Therefore, the frequencies listed are conventional. I'm not too familiar with the BCT8 (Forts, where are you?) but any conventional frequency should be simple enough to program in...at the least you should be able to key it in manually.

As an aside, don't discount the fun and excitement (!) of searching around the bands and trying to put companies/uses to the frequencies. Sometimes it's more interesting than finding a website with everything listed...no offense meant to RR.com...

mciupa

Database Admin
boynblu said:
Thanks for the replys. I came across this website from word of mouth.

I did see the frequencies for Mcmaster in the database. I'm a little confused on programming them in. I am using the Butel software to program my BCT 8. With the software, you have to choose which type of system that the bank is going to be working on, but the listings for McMaster does not tell you what kind of system they are on, only lists the frequencies.

I know it must get kinda frustrating with some of the questions on here, but bare with me guys, still new and just trying to get the hang of things. Any help is much appreciated.

Hi boynblu , Those freq.'s are conventional , not-trunked. You could enter them into empty channels in one of your trunk banks , to fill up space.
Keep asking questions, we've all had to start the learning curve at one point or another. :)

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
McMaster

boynblu said:
Hi all, I am new to the scanner world. I recently got my hands on a Uniden BCT 8 scanner. I am trying to play around with frequencies in the Hamilton area. Can anybody suggests a web site to get frequencies. Also does anybody know where I may be able to obtain the frequencies for McMaster University and the Hamilton Health Sciences sites.

Thanks,

Welcome Boynblu,
Here are the freqs for McMaster and the area hospitals (including the non HHS sites).. where in the Hammer are you?

Hamilton Chedoke Hospital 2 Sanatorium Road Hospital 454.2250 459.2250 PL 141.3 Security
Hamilton Chedoke Hospital 2 Sanatorium Road Hospital 454.2250 459.2250 PL 110.9 Maintenance
Hamilton Hamilton General Hospital 237 Barton Street East Hospital 451.6625 456.6625 PL 141.3 Maintenance
Hamilton Hamilton General Hospital 237 Barton Street East Hospital 454.2250 459.2250 PL 167.9 Security
Hamilton Henderson Hospital 711 Concession Street Hospital 463.5500 468.5500 DCS162 Security
Hamilton McMaster University Medical Centre 1200 Main Street West Hospital 451.7125 456.7125 PL 179.9 Security
Hamilton McMaster University Medical Centre 1200 Main Street West Hospital 451.7750 456.7875 PL 123.0 Porters
Hamilton McMaster University Medical Centre 1200 Main Street West Hospital 451.7750 456.7875 PL 110.9 Maintenance
Hamilton St Joseph's Hospital 50 Charlton Street East Hospital 451.0875 456.0875 PL 100.0 Maintenance
Hamilton St Joseph's Hospital 50 Charlton Street East Hospital 460.4125 465.4125 PL 100.0 Security

Hamilton McMaster University 1280 Main Street West University 410.1375 415.1375 PL 114.8 Parking
Hamilton McMaster University 1280 Main Street West University 412.2625 417.2625 PL 114.8 Security
Hamilton McMaster University 1280 Main Street West University 461.2000 466.2000 DCS125 Medical Emergencies
Hamilton McMaster University 1280 Main Street West University 462.1375 467.1375 DCS565 Library Security
Hamilton McMaster University 1280 Main Street West University 463.1250 468.1250 PL 100.0 Maintenance

Matt

boynblu

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback! Makes things a little clearer. As for my location, I am on the Central Hamilton Mountain, pretty much by Concession and Upp. Wentworth.

Now, just a couple more questions. I noticed in the reply that along with the frequencies there are "PL" and "DCS" numbers. Are these numbers something I should be programming as well?

Also, in my scanner I have Halton PD/FD/EMS programmed in. When I take my scanner to work (in Oakville) they work fine, but from home cant get anything. I'm assuming I'm just out of range/bad area. Should I be maybe looking at purchasing a new attenna?

Thanks again!!

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
PL/DCS & Halton Trunk

boynblu said:
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback! Makes things a little clearer. As for my location, I am on the Central Hamilton Mountain, pretty much by Concession and Upp. Wentworth.

Now, just a couple more questions. I noticed in the reply that along with the frequencies there are "PL" and "DCS" numbers. Are these numbers something I should be programming as well?

Also, in my scanner I have Halton PD/FD/EMS programmed in. When I take my scanner to work (in Oakville) they work fine, but from home cant get anything. I'm assuming I'm just out of range/bad area. Should I be maybe looking at purchasing a new attenna?

Thanks again!!

As for the PL and DCS I would program them in as in case someone else is using the same frequency which does happen as you can tell there are multiple hospitals on the same frequency. With the tone programmed in you can tell what you are listening to.

I am down on Queen just south of Main and I can get the Burlington tower but I am too out of range of the Oakville tower. Since you are up on the mountain a nice outdoor antenna would help pull in Oakville in as well as other municipalities in the area.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.