Hamilton C. Radio Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
Hamilton County seems to be having radio issues. All Noblesville fire units told to go to fire control on their state radios. Not sure what the root of the problem. Old system on its last leg?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Which is why it is being replaced this year with an Motorola ASTRO-25 system.

GTO_04

A

Agentblack

The system experienced some minor issues that were resolved later that afternoon.

Equipment has been purchased, towers have not been built at this time.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
They have not even filed an app with the FCC to change the licenses to show new sites, much less new modulations of P25. Not even an STA in the FCC data anywhere yet, and this new system is supposedly going to be alive by Christmas? They have new HT's, Mobiles, Repeaters, Consoles etc, all been through staging up at Schaumburg... But still no official paper saying its all kosher with the FCC yet. May be in the backlogs somewhere...

I am very ready for the build/upgrade of this, the Citizen's Upgrade IDPS Sys2 changover (especially as one of the Citizens sites is a stone's throw from my home), and the SAFE-T upgrade. My 96 is going to be very busy running Pro96Com lol...

I am just crossing fingers that HamCo chooses to turn off the standard encryption that Motorola puts on all new Public Safety Radio Templates. And hope that it is minimal when SAFE-T upgrades.

A

Agentblack

I am just crossing fingers that HamCo chooses to turn off the standard encryption that Motorola puts on all new Public Safety Radio Templates. And hope that it is minimal when SAFE-T upgrades.
Doubt it but stranger things have happened.

The system was in bypass for a planned maintenance event not a system malfunction.

ind224

Managed to hear a scatchy crappy almost sounds like LCN has changed transmission about a possible small plane down.

GTO_04

Managed to hear a scratchy crappy almost sounds like LCN has changed transmission about a possible small plane down.

I heard that transmission too (I was only half awake LOL) but apparently nothing ever came of it. Nothing in the newspapers nor on the TV news websites. Usually when a plane goes down it's a big deal, even if the injuries are minor.

GTO_04

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
How is the new system coming along? Any decision made yet on encryption? If the radios come from Motorola with ENC turned on...we could be in trouble in scanner land.

A

Agentblack

How is the new system coming along? Any decision made yet on encryption? If the radios come from Motorola with ENC turned on...we could be in trouble in scanner land.

It's moving along swell. Lots of things happening quickly. Yes a decision has been made on encryption.

Dispatch2323

Premium Subscriber
Quick email to Director Snowden should answer the question. Not really a big secret. Matter of public record.

A

Agentblack

Then I would encourage you to do that if you feel that it's that important.

Status
Not open for further replies.